Who do you like better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you like better?

Who do you like better for this year Drew Smyly or Matt Shoemaker?

Smyly (no homer)

Comment

Smyly, didn't think it was that close.

Comment

Smyly
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Smyly
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Smyly, didn't think it was that close.

Me too, until I read The Fantasy Baseball Guide that has them both at $15. CBS has them rated at 87 and 88. So I thought I would come here to the experts.

Comment

Shoemaker.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Smyly is the trendier pick. It's close. I think Shoemaker will be a much better value however.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Smyly is the trendier pick. It's close. I think Shoemaker will be a much better value however.
                  Thanks for the responses.

The same owner has both Smyly and Shoemaker both are $7 and done. AL only 5x5. He is offering Shoemaker for my free rookie Devon Travis ($10 after he is activated). I don't know if he would exchange Smyly for Shoemaker. I have a pretty good team and have the roster space so I am tempted.

Comment

Let's see...which one is a former Arkansas Razorback? Smyly!!!

Comment

I'd take either for a free Travis

Comment

I like the defense behind Smyly. If you look at his numbers after in Florida, they are more inline with the support numbers than in Detroit.
                        perhaps he found the magic elixir in Tampa Bay, as he strikeout rate surged to 25.4%, while his swinging strike rate jumped from 15.7% in Detroit to 19.3% in TB. That’s an enormous jump. Given his SIERA outperformance, I’m not sure he has any further ratio upside, but more strikeouts could offset any ERA jump and keep his fantasy value high.

Last year, I shared my updated xK% equation, which blends a pitcher’s overall strike percentage with his called, swinging and foul strike rates to produce an expected strikeout rate.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          I'd take either for a free Travis
                          The owner sent me an email requesting a trade of Travis for Shoemaker. I decided not to pursue Smyly. So I just sent the offer through our league site...He rejected the offer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            The owner sent me an email requesting a trade of Travis for Shoemaker. I decided not to pursue Smyly. So I just sent the offer through our league site...He rejected the offer!!
                            Don't you hate guys like that? We have a guy in our league that you talk with and agree to a trade and then he rejects it when put through the site. He has done to 3 different owners so he basically gets no offers anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X