Arenado Vs. Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arenado Vs. Chapman

I'm in a 5x5 14 team 7 keeper league. I have 6 keepers set . I can either keep Arenado or Chapman. One thing to note.

The Starting Pitching in this league is designed to mimic a real rotation. We can only play 5 Starting pitchers at a time. No swapping unless your willing to drop a pitcher . We have 2 closer spots, so 7 pitching slots total.

I'm pretty torn on this decision. On one hand, I despise keeping a closer but for Chapman I'd be open to making an exception. He is dominant in his ratios and aggregate strikeouts.

1B Anthony Rizzo
    OF Giancarlo Stanton
    OF Jacoby Ellsbury
    OF Corey Dickersen

SP Chris Sale
    SP David Price

Sure that you don't want to keep both of them and cut Dickerson? Or are you going to be able to get either cut guy back on your roster? Draft or Auction?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

If salaries are not an issue, I'd keep both and cut Dickerson. If you are only keeping one, I'd keep Chapman. He still has some room to get better, and is one of the safer bets among closers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Sure that you don't want to keep both of them and cut Dickerson? Or are you going to be able to get either cut guy back on your roster? Draft or Auction?
        Thanks for the response, It is a draft. Can't keep both , I'd be giving up Arenado for a draft pick that I would be dealing for Chapman. It's essentially a swap.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Milos View Post
          Thanks for the response, It is a draft. Can't keep both , I'd be giving up Arenado for a draft pick that I would be dealing for Chapman. It's essentially a swap.
          I'd probably keep the hitter at that point, unless there were no good closers available in the draft. If that's the case, bite the bullet and deal for Chapman...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
          X