Free services for keeper leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free services for keeper leagues

For anyone who plays in Yahoo or ESPN leagues, have they added a contract field yet? This is the main impediment to our, and I'd guess thousands of other, leagues switching to their service. TIA
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Crickets?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Comment

I don't play ESPN. The closest thing Yahoo has is the draft results where you can include the draft prices along with the offline draft results. But there is no contract status available other than putting a "K" beside the keeper players name. And there is no updated price list as rosters change throughout the season. Not sure about leagues drafting online. As commissioner it is a pain to adjust the draft price list from March for all teams at the end of the year when you have half the players changing teams or being dropped. I probably should try doing a spreadsheet. Maybe i will.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        I don't play ESPN. The closest thing Yahoo has is the draft results where you can include the draft prices along with the offline draft results. But there is no contract status available other than putting a "K" beside the keeper players name. And there is no updated price list as rosters change throughout the season. Not sure about leagues drafting online. As commissioner it is a pain to adjust the draft price list from March for all teams at the end of the year when you have half the players changing teams or being dropped. I probably should try doing a spreadsheet. Maybe i will.
        Perhaps the pain is immediately after the draft when imputing the salary. If the commish, at that time, adds a letter to indicate the year, everyone would *know* the individual player status. For example, trout goes for $39. On the web page, his salary would be 39A (showing he was purchased in the most recent auction). For free agents, add nothing. This way you know he was a f.a. pickup. In subsequent years, just change the letter beside the salary to indicate which year the contract is.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
          Perhaps the pain is immediately after the draft when imputing the salary. If the commish, at that time, adds a letter to indicate the year, everyone would *know* the individual player status. For example, trout goes for $39. On the web page, his salary would be 39A (showing he was purchased in the most recent auction). For free agents, add nothing. This way you know he was a f.a. pickup. In subsequent years, just change the letter beside the salary to indicate which year the contract is.
          Never thought to input anything besides numbers into yahoo for the price. I will try that. Thanks. Still have to add/drop players from the draft list and switch players amongst teams at the end of the year. Usually half the players in my league. Just having an alphabetical price list should simplify this.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Way too much of a hassle, but thanks for the info. CBS wins again.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

FWIW, Yahoo does have FAAB now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Yeah, I just battled this for a new league. There just aren't adequate alternatives to cbs. They just make everything so easy.
                Yea, I don't really have any complaints about CBS anymore (other than the cost). It's just very surprising that ESPN and Yahoo haven't developed a legitimate alternative.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Totally. The cost sucks and I'd certainly be willing to defect from CBS if something was an adequate alternative but it honestly doesn't even seem like the competition is even close at this point. CBS just makes it way too easy to start, navigate, and maintain an auction keeper league. I'd be shocked if someone else doesn't fill the void in terms of competition at some point but for right now it's CBS in a landslide. I imagine that they'll keep raising the prices until someone else steps up to the plate, too. Tons of demand and extremely little supply.
                  Well, it's $150 ($30 discount) for returning leagues and there might be a referral discount if you haven't already paid.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                  X