No announcement yet.

2K15 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally making some progress. Up to 5th place and 70 points, with the leader at 81.5. Burned my waiver priority on Miguel Sano, he of the shortstop eligibility. Also traded Osuna + Soria for Danny Salazar. Then added Carson Smith off the wire to replace some of those saves. Some of the other teams in my league are paying attention and making good pickups, but it's more fun when it's competitive. (With the exception of being smart about chasing saves, apparently).

Rendon is back from the DL (again) and I'm hoping he actually contributes this time. Neil Walker is Mr. July but when he inevitably craters, I'd like to slot Rendon in there.

C Grandal
    1B Abreu
    2B N Walker
    SS Sano
    3B K Seager
    OF Heyward, D Peralta, Tomas
    UT D Ortiz, A Lind
    BN Eaton, Schwarber
    DL Rendon, Matt Adams

SP Price, Liriano, Salazar, Syndergaard, Hammel, Quintana,
    RP AJ Ramos, J Motte, W Davis, Carson Smith
    Last edited by joncarlos; 07-27-2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• I have finally moved and am now in 3rd but 2nd and 1st are good distance away

C Grandal
      1b Davis
      2b Kipnis
      ss Correa
      3b Aroid
      OF Braun
      OF Granderson
      OF Bautista
      UTIL Parra
      UTIL Peterson
      bn - Andrus

Fernandez, Iwakuma, Burnett, Santiago, Lackey, Fiers,Hutchinson, Walker
      Johnson, Boxberger, Motte, MIller

just dropped Hutchinson for Carlos Martinez

Comment

• been in first for the past few weeks but am going to go over in innings eventually - not sure how long I can hold ot

C Grandal
        1b Davis
        2b Kipnis
        ss Correa
        3b Wright
        OF Braun
        OF Granderson
        OF Bautista
        UTIL Parra
        UTIL Andrus
        bn - segura
        bn - Aroid
        DL - Hamilton - that didnt work
        Iwakuma, Martinez, Medlen, Lackey, Fiers, Walker, Teheran
        Boxberger, MIller, Tazawa
        DL Fernandez

maybe I can hold on
        just dropped Hutchinson for Carlos Martinez

Comment

• I'm in 10th. I think I waited too long to draft my team.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I'm in 3rd but I don't think I'm going to make it. Need about 12 points and unless I can massively improve my WHIP and steals, I don't see it.

Comment

• standard 12 mixed yahoo 5x5 H2H, i'm in 4th place 7 games out of first. 2 games out of 3rd, 3 games out of 2nd. the teams behind me are 7-11 games behind me. so I made the playoffs with a 103-86-11 record so far. I've made 111 moves, lol. and none were spot starters. I've made no trades. surprisingly 2 people dropped Pollock during what I can tell was his only 2 bad weeks. also, the one guy that complained about me during the draft ended up dropping 3/4ths of his team and made 77 moves. I think he decided what I was doing looked too fun not to get in on it. of course it doesn't work if 2 managers are doing it as one team (me) gets the better players first. most of the other teams are active although they don't make many moves until now. it's been great fun. I dropped Vogt the other day and he picked him up. I think I messed up doing that. my only real hole is Lind against LHP.

Schwarber
              Lind
              LeMahieu
              ARod
              Correa
              Pollock
              Fowler
              Burns
              Piscotty
              Revere
              Deshields

CMart
              Liriano
              Familia
              Ramos
              Tolleson
              Vizcaino
              Tazawa
              Salazar
              McCullers
              Syndergaard
              Matz
              Smyly

Comment

• 2nd place in my espn 10-team standard league. Holding strong but 5 roto points out of first.

Comment

• I might try it with football-

Does it work? Can it work?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    I might try it with football-

Does it work? Can it work?
                    I found H2H baseball way harder than roto. Just because you have to struggle so much in the early weeks that you'll be in a dogfight to make the playoffs even if you get a good roster by week 9. I expect the same thing is true with football although there are always guys who put up 20 or 30 in a given week on the WW. You just have to get lucky and pick them up.

Comment

• I made it to the finals in my standard yahoo h2h. the guy I played this past week had beaten me twice in the season. i was behind all week and looked bad. but i got 1 HR, 1 SB, 1 W (which i ended up losing whip for and already lost ERA, i made the right call because Salazar would've lost whip.) by getting the W i won 4-3 and prevented a tie, which he would've won because he beat me twice. i finished third during the regular season.

im really happy i made it to the finals. i worked my tail off and im pretty burnt out. i almost feel bad for him by tying 3 categories on sunday. i saw the possibility of it, just didn't think it would happen. almost all my pitchers were playing away games. why he benched Arenado for Alvarez i'll never know.

Comment

• Finished second (so close), which is the best I've ever done in the all-FA format.
                        Never made a trade but a few tremendous pickups (Machado, Bogaerts, Sano and many others) were the key.

standings1.jpg

Comment

• I won - I think it was my idea of trading steals and saves as much as possible for HRS and RBIS
                          and just streaming and amassing starters about half way through the season

and somehow I traded for Bautista - not sure when

Comment

• I lost in the finals. the guy that beat me totally went for it. I know that the final week pitchers really step up for some reason. he had 110.1 innings 7 wins 87 k's 2.69 era 1.00 whip 5 saves. and I still won era whip and saves as I had 2.10 era, 0.93 whip and 7 saves in 30 innings. I was lucky enough to start well and saw what was happening. I knew even if he had a blow up or two he had enough innings to not budge his ratio's so I laid down and took what I could. I lost 6-4. and I had the tiebreaker advantage as I beat him twice in the regular season. I lost because Christian Yelich went 8 for 9 on a double header and he took avg. I mean who the hell goes 8 for 9!

he was smart tho, I beat him to the punch on all the pickups, so I had no room for the other young stars like Sano, Lindor, Seager which he smartly got. it tell you that MLB is awesome. and every year so many new awesome players and future stars come into the league.

I also didn't realize the finals was only one week now instead of 2. I think two is better as it allows the better team to win. but im not upset about finishing 2nd. when you beat me, you've earned it.

Comment

• I finished 3rd with 82 points. The 1st place team was unusually strong and finished with 94.5 (12-team yahoo 5x5). Let's see... he had Goldy, Cespedes, Pollock, JD Martinez, Scherzer, Grienke AND Arrieta. Also just the good C-Mart starts after I dropped him early in the year.

10 pts in runs, 9 in HR, 8 in RBI... but only 3 in SB and 3 in AVG.

11 points in wins, 12 in saves and Ks, 9 in ERA but only 5 in WHIP.

Oh by the way, at one point I had Dallas Keuchel in the preseason (he was one of my initial pickups) but I dropped him for Drew Smyly, so I didn't deserve to win.

Jason Heyward 115 games .308-8-21sb
                              David Ortiz 112 games .271-28-87
                              Jose Abreu 133 games .281-24-82
                              Kyle Seager 114 games .274-21-50
                              Yasmani Grandal 83 games .271-14-40
                              Miguel Sano 43 games .285-13-35
                              Kyle Schwarber 54 games .235-14-34
                              Adam Eaton 71 games .314-7-9sb

Jean Segura (52 games, .249 10 sb) was the only other guy in double digits for steals.

Not a lot of consistent pitchers but those who stuck around were solid

Wade Davis 66ip 17sv 0.95era 0.80whip
                              David Price 189p 2.38era 1.04whip
                              Francisco Liriano 99ip 3.81era 1.29whip
                              Noah Syndegaard 105ip 3.08era 0.96whip
                              Danny Salazar 69ip 2.45era 1.08whip
                              Jose Quintana 123ip 2.98era 1.28whip
                              Jason Hammel 117ip 3.54era 1.12whip

13 saves from Boxberger, 13 from Giles, 32 from AJ Ramos, 8 from Soria, 8 from Rodney, 7 from Grilli, 6 from Vizcaino. Only the 7 above and Ramos were above 40 innings on my team.

Comment

• I've been finding this thread fascinating all season, but I have one problem. I don't understand!

Can someone explain what a free agent league is?
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X