No announcement yet.

2K15 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in 10th right now (was in 9th yesterday). I hung onto some of struggling SPs a bit too long (T.Walker, Hutchison, Duffy, others) which has my ERA and WHIP in the tank. The rotation is now a bit improved, but still needs work. The offense has been pretty good over the past few weeks, but I have not gotten out of the RBI hole I am in (12th) despite being middle of the pack in HRs. SB is my only really good category (2nd). Still have to keep working this roster.

With Tomas starting to platoon again, he will probably be cut when Doolittle is activated. Hahn is on a short leash right now after his recent rough starts.

C: R.Martin
    1B: Lind, Morrison
    2B: A.Russell, Semien
    3B: Paredes, Prado, Tomas
    SS: Kang, Segura (DL)
    OF: Pederson, Span, Pollock, Polanco

SP: Keuchel, Haren, Hahn, J.Chavez, Karns, Hammel
    RP: Grilli, Boxberger, Axford, A.J.Ramos, Doolittle (DL)
    Last edited by Davros; 05-15-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davros View Post
      I'm in 10th right now (was in 9th yesterday). I hung onto some of struggling SPs a bit too long (T.Walker, Hutchison, Duffy, others) which has my ERA and WHIP in the tank. The rotation is now a bit improved, but still needs work. The offense has been pretty good over the past few weeks, but I have not gotten out of the RBI hole I am in (12th) despite being middle of the pack in HRs. SB is my only really good category (2nd). Still have to keep working this roster.

With Tomas starting to platoon again, he will probably be cut when Doolittle is activated. Hahn is on a short leash right now after his recent rough starts.

C: R.Martin
      1B: Lind, Morrison
      2B: A.Russell, Semien
      3B: Paredes, Prado, Tomas
      SS: Kang, Segura (DL)
      OF: Pederson, Span, Pollock, Polanco

SP: Keuchel, Haren, Hahn, J.Chavez, Karns, Hammel
      RP: Grilli, Boxberger, Axford, A.J.Ramos, Doolittle (DL)
      I worry about Hahn coming over from the national league and missing the DH. you always gotta be weary for AL getting NL players. screwed TOR 2 years ago when they loaded up on them and everyone picked them first.

Kang got 2 HBP last night. don't know whats up with that. I like Morrison he has like 9 walks and 5 k's in the last ten games. he has a good eye and im glad to see him playing better right now, even tho he still plays for SEA.

Comment

• Rusney was just dropped for Belt. I just got a bite on Rusney in my AL league which reminded me that 6 weeks have passed and I expect him to be up before July. If you've waited this long, why drop him now? I'm going to let him clear waivers tho.

I am currently in 10th, 34 points out of first. I was 4th 2 weeks ago but tend to go on wild swings. R/RBI/K are my lowest right now.

My team:

Grandal Votto Travis Semien Hardy Springer Vogt Reddick Byrd Choo
        B Cain Carter Singleton
        DL D'Arnaud

SP Simon Karns Chen Chavez
        RP McAllister Soria Cecil Axford Ramos Ziegler

Singleton is tearing up AAA and should be stashed.

Correa was just promoted to AAA and grabbed by another owner. A bit soon for me but probably a wise stash at this point.

If you have a DL spot, D'Arnaud is a good stash.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Yesterday I discovered that Clippard was unowned in my AFA league. Someone has since picked him up (too little too late?). He hasn't been very valuable but I likely would have grabbed him had I realized he was unowned. Scour the FA list in your league!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Somehow my "All-Waivers All-Stars" has surged into fourth place! This whole roster was built on waiver acquisitions (no trades) - which makes the fact I have guys like Machado so awe inspiring

ESPN standard league:
            C- Vogt; 1B- Kendrys; 2B- Travis; 3B- Machado; SS- Rollins;
            MI- Russell; CI- Lind;
            OF- Cain, Aoki, Span, Reddick, Pillar, Byrd;
            SP- Lackey, S.Miller, Salazar, Burnett, Hammel, C.Martinez, C.Lewis;
            RP- Casilla, Familia, Soria, Ramos, Feliz

Probably time to dump Feliz - I lead the league in saves anyway.

Comment

• Someone in my league inexplicably dropped Soria. I know his K rate isn't great but the Tigers are a good team and the rest of their bullpen is awful, so it's not like he has a lot of competition.

I've been trying to trade closers like crazy with no luck. Finally got an offer I felt like I had to take - traded Boxberger and Tolleson for Francisco Liriano and Matt Adams. Not like Adams will make my lineup very often with all the 1B types I already have, but I'm really lite on SPs and have closers coming out my ears. Assuming the deal goes through>

C W Rosario
              1B J Abreu
              2B N Walker
              SS Semien
              3B Seager
              OF Fowler, Beltran, Choo
              UT David Ortiz, Adam Lind
              BN Matt Adams, Rusney Castillo, Avi Garcia
              DL Grandal, Rendon

SP Price, Liriano, Quintana, Hammel
              RP Rodney, AJ Ramos, Soria, Cecil, Ziegler, Wade Davis

At some point I'm going to need to let guys like Ziegler stay on the WW so I can stream starters, or lose some bench hitters or something, but I'm only 35 IP off the pace right now. I've got 7 more saves than the 2nd place team so it's not like my lead in saves is anywhere near untouchable right now.

Kind of hoping Rusney has a hot week and I can flip him.

Comment

• Matt Kemp just cleared waivers. I can't believe it but I don't think I want to pick him up. Here's my roster:

C - Iannetta
                1B - Carter, Lind, Morneau DL
                2B - Rendon, Harrison, Prado
                SS - Semien
                3B - Gallo
                OF - McCuthen, Pollock, Choo, Garcia, Marisnick, Werth DL

SP - C Martinez, S Miller, Vogelsong, Karns, Salazar, McCullers
                RP - Boxberger, Clippard, Ramos, Ziegler

Edwin Encarnacion is on waivers for the 7th. I think he's worth picking up.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Yeah, amazingly I'm not sure I see a space for Kemp either. If you have any faith in a bounceback, maybe. I would think EE is worth burning waiver priority.

Comment

• I'm kind of in the same boat... both Panda and Starlin Castro have cleared waivers. The worst hitter on my team is Big Papi but I can't give up on him yet. Next worst is Avisail Garcia but I don't have many outfielders. Thinking about dropping Plouffe or Neil Walker for Castro.

C - Grandal
                    1B - J Abreu
                    2B - Rendon
                    SS - Semien
                    3B - K Seager
                    OF - Fowler, A Garcia, Choo
                    UT - Plouffe, D Ortiz
                    BN - N Walker, Lind, Beltran

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Yeah, amazingly I'm not sure I see a space for Kemp either. If you have any faith in a bounceback, maybe. I would think EE is worth burning waiver priority.
                      I agree. Though Kemp is probably better than Marisnick has been recently (who is 13 for 77 (.169 AVG) in the last 30 days). I checked, barely; 20 for 104 (.192 AVG). Wow. I guess Marisnick would be the guy to drop for EE.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        I'm kind of in the same boat... both Panda and Starlin Castro have cleared waivers. The worst hitter on my team is Big Papi but I can't give up on him yet. Next worst is Avisail Garcia but I don't have many outfielders. Thinking about dropping Plouffe or Neil Walker for Castro.

C - Grandal
                        1B - J Abreu
                        2B - Rendon
                        SS - Semien
                        3B - K Seager
                        OF - Fowler, A Garcia, Choo
                        UT - Plouffe, D Ortiz
                        BN - N Walker, Lind, Beltran
                        That makes sense. I think Ploufee and Walker are expendable on your team.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I wasn't able to get EE but I did pick up Kemp for Marisnick after Kemp had that big game yesterday. Hopefully that game can spark something in him.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• This is the first time I have maintained diligence in my FA team this deep into the season. The results are surprising (at least to me). I took a pic because I doubt I rise much further, but who knows.

Untitled.jpg
                            (this shows me in 2nd place with 65 - 6 out of first - bad pic).

Roster (no trades made...all pickups):
                            C- Vogt; 1B- Lind; 2B- Panik; 3B- Machado(!); SS- Bogaerts; MI- LeMahieu; CI- Franco; OF- Cain Reddick, Burns, Pillar, Revere; U- Moreland
                            SP- Lackey, C.Martinez, S.Miller, Burnett, McCullers, Salazar, Hammel, Syndergaard
                            RP- Soria, Familia, Ramos, Ziegler

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              This is the first time I have maintained diligence in my FA team this deep into the season. The results are surprising (at least to me). I took a pic because I doubt I rise much further, but who knows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]644[/ATTACH]
                              (this shows me in 2nd place with 65 - 6 out of first - bad pic).

Roster (no trades made...all pickups):
                              C- Vogt; 1B- Lind; 2B- Panik; 3B- Machado(!); SS- Bogaerts; MI- LeMahieu; CI- Franco; OF- Cain Reddick, Burns, Pillar, Revere; U- Moreland
                              SP- Lackey, C.Martinez, S.Miller, Burnett, McCullers, Salazar, Hammel, Syndergaard
                              RP- Soria, Familia, Ramos, Ziegler
                              how many teams are in the league ?
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                how many teams are in the league ?
                                10 team - standard espn league

Comment

Working...
                                X