james shields is still a free agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james shields is still a free agent

Did his agent over value? Is this another Ervin Santana? Based on what they are paying these days, Big game James is surely going to get a 4 year $80, yes?

He could get 4/80 right now. He wants (& deserves) that 5th year.

Comment

CSN's David Kaplan is reporting that the Cubs are "kicking the tires" on free agent starting pitcher James Shields. According to Kaplan, Shields has given indication that he will make a decision by the end of the week, and the Cubs are among the teams he's considering.

Comment

I think KC is the only team he hasn't been associated with in the past week LOL
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I think KC is the only team he hasn't been associated with in the past week LOL
          On his XM show this morning, Steve Phillips predicted he'd sign with SD and then trade away Cashner, possibly in a deal for Hamels.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            On his XM show this morning, Steve Phillips predicted he'd sign with SD and then trade away Cashner, possibly in a deal for Hamels.
            That's what I am hearing. Cashner liriano and hedges for Hamels and 30 million. Then sign shields.

I'm also hearing they're signing Olivera not sure where that leaves jed.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              That's what I am hearing. Cashner liriano and hedges for Hamels and 30 million. Then sign shields.

I'm also hearing they're signing Olivera not sure where that leaves jed.
              If that happens this would have to be in the top if not the top off season in baseball history.

Comment

I hear that the Cubs are sniffing around now...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  If that happens this would have to be in the top if not the top off season in baseball history.
                  If that happens you could have asked even the biggest Padre homer, no that's not me, and they NEVER would have dreamed of what's happened so far let alone anything in addition to the moves made.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                  X