Dayan Viciedo DFA'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayan Viciedo DFA'd

....to make room for the return of Gordon Beckham. I know they wanted to move him, but it seems strange to see a guy who hit 21 HRs DFA'd. He's owed $4.4m, so I assume the Sox will be eating his contract before he signs somewhere else.

Is his money guaranteed? I don't know the particulars, but since he's still under team control, I don't think he has a guaranteed contract until the season begins. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know there used to be a point in the off-season that teams could cut players and not have to pay them much (if any) of their 1-year team controlled deal.

Comment

Frankly, I was shocked they offered him the $4.4 million in the first place. They tried like hell to trade him to anyone and everyone, and it was no secret that they were contemplating DFA'ing him. So I'd be surprised to find out that they have to pay his contract if that's the case, because that seems like a dumb $4.4 million error to make and to have to explain to the CEO.

Comment

It was pretty unclear earlier when I posted this, but reading now that the Sox will have to pay him $733k.

Comment

Working...
        X