Keeper Rank 'Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Rank 'Em

We can keep 7 in our NL Only 5x5 deep keeper league. Please rank these candidates for me. I want to try to package the bottom end/excess for a keeper upgrade. I think this is roughly in order

Carlos Gomez $12
    Dee Gordon $7 (option year)
    AJ Pollock $1 (option year)
    Devin Mesoraco $13
    Arismendy Alcantara $8
    Tanner Roark $1
    Hector Rondon $10
    Ian Kennedy $6
    Casey McGehee $2

Also, would you rather have AJ Pollock at $1 (option year) or Corey Dickerson at $9? If Dickerson, which of the above keeper candidates evens the deal? Thanks very much!

tough decision. i drop mcgehee, and probably rondon (though closer dynamics are one of the hardest to predict, league-to-league). i would probably take a $9 dickerson over a $1 pollock. and i'm a big pollock fan.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

how many teams? McGehee is going to get the starting ABs at 3rd vs RHP in SF. I might slide him above Rondon and Kennedy if I had to put in names today.
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        how many teams? McGehee is going to get the starting ABs at 3rd vs RHP in SF. I might slide him above Rondon and Kennedy if I had to put in names today.
        Definitely an outlier opinion, Fresno Bob. And appreciated. 12 teams.

Comment

Carlos Gomez $12
          Devin Mesoraco $13

After that it's just a big mess. So let's try it this way
          =====
          AJ Pollock $1 (option year) .. I think I'd be willing to pay 10-12.
          Hector Rondon $10 ... I'd probably pay 17-20.
          Ian Kennedy $6 ... depends on your trade rules, then again I don't love him outside Petco anyway, I'd probably pay 18-20.
          ======
          Casey McGehee $2 ... I'd probably pay 8-10.
          Arismendy Alcantara $8 ... I think I'd be willing to pay 12-14.
          Tanner Roark $1 ... such a risk until Nats trade someone, right now I'd pay 7-9.

Comment

I am not dropping a cheap closer in a 5x5 NL only. And Rondon is a cheap closer.

McGehee is easily the first drop for me. No power and I don't expect him to keep up his average this year. I also like Rondon over Kennedy. So I would probably package these two to see what I could get. Then I would look to do one more 2 for 1 for a big upgrade to make my roster 7.

Comment

Carlos Gomez $12
              Devin Mesoraco $13
              Hector Rondon $10
              AJ Pollock $1 (option year)
              Arismendy Alcantara $8
              Tanner Roark $1-if he can find a spot in a rotation his stock improves
              ________
              Ian Kennedy $6-up and down years can he put up back to back good years?
              Casey McGehee $2 He gets average and not much else
              Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
              Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Fair offer for Corey Dickerson $9? Too little? Too much?

Arismendy Alcantara $8
                Casey McGehee $9
                and choice of Tanner Roark $1 / Ian Kennedy $6

Could also offer a minor leaguer instead of Kennedy/Roark. Thanks for the feedback. With the roles so unclear for Alcantara and Roark, this is very difficult to evaluate.

Comment

I think including Kennedy is way too much for Dickerson but if you wanted to do McGhee, Roark, Alcantara, I think that's reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                  X