Sigh... only the Phillies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh... only the Phillies.

Would have a hard time getting a deal done for Cole Hamels.

The guy is in the prime of his career, and is probably a top 10 - 12 pitcher in MLB, and they just can't get it done. I am an avowed Ruben Amaro hater, so I am laying this all at his feet. Hamels is rather pointless to the Phillies going forward ( except ticket sales, but really, will people come to watch him while the teams stinks? )

Also, I read that the Phillies offered to pay 80% of Howard's remaining contract and nobody will take him.... Even in a bad season - barring injury - he will hit 20 - 30 HR as a DH..... considering that a team that would take him only has 20% of his salary to pay, it seems like a no brainer to me for an AL team.

I was no huge fan of Rollins,but letting him go so they can play Freddy Galvis? WTH is the point in that? Oh, yeah.... salary dump at the expense of a guy who can't hit.

Pitchers and catchers not all hat far away, and I have nothing to look forward to. Well, OK, Ken Giles. But he doesn't offset having that idiot Papelbon on the roster.

BLCECH!

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
    Would have a hard time getting a deal done for Cole Hamels.

The guy is in the prime of his career, and is probably a top 10 - 12 pitcher in MLB, and they just can't get it done. I am an avowed Ruben Amaro hater, so I am laying this all at his feet. Hamels is rather pointless to the Phillies going forward ( except ticket sales, but really, will people come to watch him while the teams stinks? )

Also, I read that the Phillies offered to pay 80% of Howard's remaining contract and nobody will take him.... Even in a bad season - barring injury - he will hit 20 - 30 HR as a DH..... considering that a team that would take him only has 20% of his salary to pay, it seems like a no brainer to me for an AL team.

I was no huge fan of Rollins,but letting him go so they can play Freddy Galvis? WTH is the point in that? Oh, yeah.... salary dump at the expense of a guy who can't hit.

Pitchers and catchers not all hat far away, and I have nothing to look forward to. Well, OK, Ken Giles. But he doesn't offset having that idiot Papelbon on the roster.

BLCECH!
    As much as I think the Cubs could and should make a reasonable offer for Hamels, I am not sure Philly can't get much more for him if they wait until in season this year.

Comment

Maybe if RAJ hadn't come right out and said they'd be better off without Howard, he would have had a little trade value.

It's possible that having Scherzer off the market will help shake things loose for Hamels.

Comment

Working...
      X