No announcement yet.

Who to Keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I have a new option one the table in terms of who to keep with my 15th spot. Would love feedback. I have Michael Morse at $1. So the options now are

Morse $1
    Doolittle $5
    McGee $5

I thought heading into this offseason that those closers would be lock keepers and at great value, but their seemingly minor injuries have completely deflated their value. I cannot trade them for anything at all to anyone in my league. But I know I'll toss them out there in the auction and they are gonna get bid up. Anyway, is Morse on the Marlins a better bet than the two closers?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I don't think so.

When are your keepers due? There was pretty good news on McGee today indicating that he'd be available in April or early May at the latest. Of course that could change...
      I have until March 15th. I have read positive things about Doolittle too, but there is still no timetable for his return. For McGee, I guess the more I look at Boxberger, the more I worry if McGee will be the closer full time. I also worry that even if Mcgee comes back soon and closes, that the Rays tank, and end up dealing him midseason to a team that uses him as a MR.

Morse is injury prone, but he at least has a full time job with the marlins.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-25-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I couldn't make the call on who to keep between McGee and Doolittle, so I just traded them both, along with prospect Joe Ross, for Steve Matz. I wouldn't have traded either closer for Matz straight up 3 months ago, but right now I felt it was the right move. Interestingly, Keith Law ranked Ross #63 among prospects, but doesn't ranked Matz in his top 100. However, most other sources have Matz ahead by a good bit, and BA has him #33 overall. BA carries the most weight in my league, even though their lists aren't aimed for roto/fantasy. But I use that to my advantage.

Matz should be a strong trade piece down the line in this league based on his BA ranking, but is he a guy I should hold on to? What do people think of him? RHD has him ranked 66, which is pretty good. I look forward to seeing him in person for the B-Mets this year.

Comment

hadn't noticed this thread before. For what it's worth, in RJEL I am planning to keep both $1 Doolittle and $4 McGee, at least for now.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
          X