Yunel Escobar Traded to the Nats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Clippard is going to make over $9M in a non-closing role in 2015. Nats have enough bullpen to put that money elsewhere
    The *BEST* team in the playoffs isn't always the one that wins. I think Rizzo is trying to build a team that can make the playoffs year after year, hoping that one of those years, it will catch fire and win the eleven games necessary to grab a title like the Giants did this year and the Royals almost did.

I don't blame Rizzo for trading Clippard or even Desmond to avoid going off a cliff after 2015. But I have to say, Yunel Escobar wouldn't have been anywhere near the top of my list of trade targets. I have to hope and trust that Rizzo knows or sees something I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone View Post
      The *BEST* team in the playoffs isn't always the one that wins. I think Rizzo is trying to build a team that can make the playoffs year after year, hoping that one of those years, it will catch fire and win the eleven games necessary to grab a title like the Giants did this year and the Royals almost did.

I don't blame Rizzo for trading Clippard or even Desmond to avoid going off a cliff after 2015. But I have to say, Yunel Escobar wouldn't have been anywhere near the top of my list of trade targets. I have to hope and trust that Rizzo knows or sees something I don't.
      I was rather surprised he's been able to be traded twice. At his price, he can still earn that IF he pulls his head out of his ass. He did it in 2013,but these issues plagued him in Toronto and Atlanta before he got to TB.

Comment

Working...
      X