X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellsbury v. Marte

12 team standard 5 x 5 with 7 keepers (can keep as long as your want)'

Marte or Ellsbury?

I'd go Marte,,,there might be another level of power than can develop, somewhere in the mid-teens homers perhaps. Ellsbury is always a risk to get hurt, and is likely to trend downward pretty soon at his age.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Marte for me

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'd go Marte,,,there might be another level of power than can develop, somewhere in the mid-teens homers perhaps. Ellsbury is always a risk to get hurt, and is likely to trend downward pretty soon at his age.
        Not to be nit picky here but he is already in the mid teens power wise. I tend to agree with Marte as I think his power level can take another step. Although, I think Ellsbury outperforms Marte for 2015. I also think the Ellsbury injury concerns are a bit overplayed. He's actually played in more games than Marte over the last 2 years. I appreciate the response

Comment

Ellsbury > Marte in 2015 and likely 2016 (in just about every category). Ellsbury's counting stats besides HRs all took a hit last year and can't help to think this was somewhat due to off years from just about everyone in the Yankees lineup. Can't see McCann and Beltran being as bad as LY so would expect to see more Runs and RBIs while holding SBs.

Marte is 5 years younger so you'd basically be betting on 2017 and beyond but I guess I'd take Ellsbury now over that Marte may or may not become.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Milos View Post
            Not to be nit picky here but he is already in the mid teens power wise. I tend to agree with Marte as I think his power level can take another step. Although, I think Ellsbury outperforms Marte for 2015. I also think the Ellsbury injury concerns are a bit overplayed. He's actually played in more games than Marte over the last 2 years. I appreciate the response
            Ellsbury is at the age at which injuries seem to take a lot longer to heal. I get the feeling that it's always going to be something with Ellsbury from here on.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by R.Milos View Post
              Close, but not quite...he's had 12 and 13 HR's in the 2 full seasons that he's played. I think that he can add 4-5 to those totals.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

ellsbury for me, unless you're making a play for several years down the road.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                  ellsbury for me, unless you're making a play for several years down the road.
                  I agree with this.

Comment

I think it's close, but I'd go with Marte. His trend is toward a possible near-peak year, with the power possibly improving a good deal. Ellsbury's trend is... difficult to read. I guess I look at it like this:

Most likely to happen: Ellsbury is ever-so-slightly more valuable than Marte. 40%
                    Second most likely to happen: Ellsbury dips and Marte climbs. 35%
                    Third most likely to happen: Marte is ever-so-slightly more valuable than Ellsbury. 15%
                    Least likely to happen: Marte dips and Ellsbury climbs. 10%

So, 55% of the time, it doesn't really matter who you pick, really, but Marte has more upside.

Comment

Working...
                    X