Trading Hosmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Hosmer

I have an offer on the table that has me trading Eric Hosmer, and prospects Jeff Hoffman and Justin Williams to someone for Daniel Norris and Kyle Crick. Hosmer is the equivalent of a $10 player is a standard league (he is more in mine, but we have a $400 cap, so i just converted things to make it easier). It is a 16 team points league. I like Hosmer to bounce back, but I also already have Chris Davis, Kyle Seager, and Carlos Santana at the corners, so I can move Hosmer without losing anything.

I'd look to move Davis before anyone else...unless you can carry a .220 average. I think that about .240 is as good as he's going to get.

What Hosmer did late and in the post season really encouraged me...I like him to continue to get better.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm diametrically opposed to Horns on this one - if you like Norris and Crick, I'd dump Hosmer in a second. He's never slugged .500; has failed to reach .400 in two of four years, including last year. He ran less, even with a team that seems to run all the time. His BB:K ratio diminished notably. He plays in an awful park for hitting HRs. If you think you're notably upgrading your prospects for a 1B who, with significant improvement, might reach a .750 OPS...do it. Right now.

In terms of rolling the dice - I'd far rather roll them on Chris Davis than Hosmer. Hosmer has never been a good fantasy producer at 1B; at least Chris Davis has been a premier fantasy producer at 1B at one time. And he'll far more likely give you good power stats than Hosmer ever will.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I pulled the trigger. The guy wanted Davis or Hosmer in that order. He didn't want Santana, which was weird to me, because they all have essentially the same contract, and Carlos has the least risk to me. But I too like Davis more than Hosmer, so I traded Hosmer. In the final deal, I also ended up getting Alex "Chi Chi" Gonzalez for Clint Coulter as well, so I ended up with 3 arms in RHD's top 100. I gave a trio of decent prospects too, but they are all farther away.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-08-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I pulled the trigger. The guy wanted Davis or Hosmer in that order. He didn't want Santana, which was weird to me, because they all have essentially the same contract, and Carlos has the least risk to me. But I too like Davis more than Hosmer, so I traded Hosmer. In the final deal, I also ended up getting Alex "Chi Chi" Gonzalez for Clint Coulter as well, so I ended up with 3 arms in RHD's top 100. I gave a trio of decent prospects too, but they are all farther away.
          Good deal IMO--not that my trading record indicates that I have a freaking clue in that area. Although I've never owned Hosmer, he's a classic example of a hitter who's a complete tease--"If he can just step it up a LITTLE...". I'm with chancellor on this guy.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Working...
          X