NFBC draft champions - RJ team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFBC draft champions - RJ team?

I was considering getting a team in a NFBC Draft Champions league (8 hours deadline between picks, apparently it generally runs about three rounds per day) but I realized that this would not include nearly as much arguing as I like in my fantasy sports. Would other RJers be interested in doing a league as a group? We could figure out what price point we want to do jointly - I figure people can front as much money as they're comfortable with and get an appropriate percentage of the winnings if we have any - and then discuss the draft here over a couple weeks.

In these leagues, you draft 50 players and have 23 active. There are no FA pickups during the season, so you need to pick your prospects (if any) and backups with that in mind. They're 5x5 leagues using AVG and there are prizes for doing well in your 15-team league as well as scoring against all of the other players in other leagues for a grand prize.

rules: http://nfbc.stats.com/baseball/leagu...dc.asp?id=1312
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'm interested.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Possibly...I've always been a solo act though. How to decide who to pick?

BTW, you are coming back to RJEL aren't you? You need to be knocked down a peg or two...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Possibly...I've always been a solo act though. How to decide who to pick?

BTW, you are coming back to RJEL aren't you? You need to be knocked down a peg or two...
        he sent me a trade offer today. From that I can surmise 2 things:
        1) he is coming back
        2) he hasn't been in the league long enough to realize the futility of trying to trade with me.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I like trading! Also if I trade with everyone in the league in one year I get a sticker.

I figured that we could put up a poll for each pick and have some discussion about it. We might want to set up a separate forum for it to avoid polluting the main baseball forum too much. I'm also open to it just being my team and me asking for opinions here before each pick along with my personal preference, if that's less annoying to deal with.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            he sent me a trade offer today. From that I can surmise 2 things:
            1) he is coming back
            2) he hasn't been in the league long enough to realize the futility of trying to trade with me.
            LOL...truer words have never been written. I can count on the deals you've made over the years on one hand...probably none with me. Although I keep trying to get Phillies and Philly prospects to tempt you, but you always outbid/outdraft me.

I'd be interested in helping you at the very least Mike, and am open to being a co-owner if we can work a group out. I like the format, it's challenging as hell...is there trading allowed?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm interested. And if we have too many, maybe we could do two teams.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                LOL...truer words have never been written. I can count on the deals you've made over the years on one hand...probably none with me. Although I keep trying to get Phillies and Philly prospects to tempt you, but you always outbid/outdraft me.

I'd be interested in helping you at the very least Mike, and am open to being a co-owner if we can work a group out. I like the format, it's challenging as hell...is there trading allowed?
                No, since there's an overall prize, they need to make sure there isn't an easy way to collude within a league. There's also a format that works like a normal league with weekly FAAB, but this one where you can't do anything after the draft other than activations/benchings seems like a good way to start out. I'm open to the regular format if others have strong opinions though.

Comment

Working...
                X