AL Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keepers

This is a 10 team AL only 5x5 league with up to 10 keepers. As I mentioned in my NL only thread, there were some rule changes that made all FA pickups $6 and then we also have a $5 bump in salary for all keepers...that is why you will see so many $11 salaries for keepers. Every salary <$11 was bought at the auction last year for less than $6.

These prices, though, reflect what they will actually cost at auction. I've * those that I think are possibles...and yes, it exceeds 10, which is why I'm asking for help...

Semien, Marcus(2B,3B) OAK 10*
    Dominguez, Matt(3B) HOU 12
    Castellanos, Nick(3B) DET 10
    Arcia, Oswaldo(OF) MIN 15*
    Cabrera, Melky(OF) CHW 6*
    Eaton, Adam(OF) CHW 8*
    Jennings, Desmond(OF) TB 20*
    Martin, Leonys(OF) TEX 13*
    Montero, Jesus(C) SEA 8
    Sanchez, Gary(C) NYY 10
    Cron, C.J.(1B) LAA 10
    Moreland, Mitch(1B) TEX 13
    Infante, Omar(2B) KC 6
    Profar, Jurickson(2B) TEX 15* (I wish he had the surgery...could be ticking time bomb)
    Refsnyder, Robert(2B) NYY 11
    Blanks, Kyle(1B) TEX 11

Betances, Dellin(P) NYY 11*
    Feliz, Neftali(P) TEX 11*
    Gray, Sonny(P) OAK 17*
    Gregerson, Luke(P) HOU 11*
    Pineda, Michael(P) NYY 12*
    Quintana, Jose(P) CHW 6*
    Samardzija, Jeff(P) CHW 11*
    Walker, Taijuan(P) SEA 10*

As always, thanks in advance!!

This is a weird on for me. I like a lot of your individual players and their salaries, but as a collection going into the draft not so much.

Each league has their favorites. I would be trying to package some of those in two or 3 for ones to get better keepers. I would start with a package of Profar and Gray to see what I could get.

I would package Des Jennings with one of your pitchers to see what I could get. I probably start with Pineda in the package.

Comment

It seems like you're great at finding pitching. Maybe take that into account.

The only slam dunk hitters I see are Melky, Martin and Eaton. After that I like Arcia and maybe Semien or Castellanos. I am just not a Jennings guy. I think you have to let someone else take the risk on Profar.

The must-have pitchers are Sharky and Quintana. I think I would add Betances and Gray. Even if Betances doesn't close I think he'll earn it. And Pineda sure looked like a 12 dollar pitcher. Walker has upside. Let someone else gamble on the other shaky closers (Gregerson/Feliz).

So I would probably go Melky, Martin, Eaton, Sharky, Quintana, Betances, Arcia, Gray, Pineda, Castellanos

Comment

Melky, Martin, Eaton, Castellanos, Arcia (not a lot of power but lots of value)
        Sharky, Quintana, Gray, Pineda, (Gregerson or Feliz) (pitching is pretty much set allowing you to focus on big bats).

I would only keep Betances if he has the closer job. If you love him and want him back you should be able to buy him back for $10 if he's not closing to start the season.

It would be nice to trade some of that pitching before keepers are declared to get a power bat.

Comment

I pretty much agree, but think $15 is questionable for Arcia. He's should improve I guess, but I doubt he earned that much in 2014, despite the 20 HRs. I'd be tempted to keep Betances, but you will probably have a clearer picture there later into ST. Melky, Eaton, and Martin I like, as well as Shark, Quintana, Gray, Pineda.

Comment

Semien, Marcus(2B,3B) OAK 10* - NO
            Dominguez, Matt(3B) HOU 12 - NO
            Castellanos, Nick(3B) DET 10 - NO
            Arcia, Oswaldo(OF) MIN 15* - I wouldnt', but maybe.
            Cabrera, Melky(OF) CHW 6* - YES, Slam dunk
            Eaton, Adam(OF) CHW 8* - YES, and I thought he'd be a AAAA player.
            Jennings, Desmond(OF) TB 20* - Meh. As Gregg noted, if you can find a trade partner to get some power, he's who I'd deal. He has name recognition.
            Martin, Leonys(OF) TEX 13* - Meh. I would, but realize he'll probably end up in a platoon. But 30 steals and a .275ish BA works at 13 for me in a 10-teamer.
            Montero, Jesus(C) SEA 8 - NO
            Sanchez, Gary(C) NYY 10 - NO
            Cron, C.J.(1B) LAA 10 - NO
            Moreland, Mitch(1B) TEX 13 - NO
            Infante, Omar(2B) KC 6 - NO
            Profar, Jurickson(2B) TEX 15* (I wish he had the surgery...could be ticking time bomb) - NO. Even if he stays healthy, I doubt he'll return 15 to you this year.
            Refsnyder, Robert(2B) NYY 11 - NO
            Blanks, Kyle(1B) TEX 11 - NO

Betances, Dellin(P) NYY 11* - NO, unless you find out he's closing soon enough
            Feliz, Neftali(P) TEX 11* - Deal him if you can. Keep him if you must.
            Gray, Sonny(P) OAK 17* - Keep
            Gregerson, Luke(P) HOU 11* - Deal him if you can. Keep him if you must.
            Pineda, Michael(P) NYY 12* - Others believe. I don't. I'd cut him.
            Quintana, Jose(P) CHW 6* - Must keep.
            Samardzija, Jeff(P) CHW 11* - Must keep.
            Walker, Taijuan(P) SEA 10* - See Michael Pineda.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X