2015 Hall of Fame Induction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Hall of Fame Induction

Johnson, Martinez, Biggio are all no brainers.

Is Smoltz really a first ballot......? I feel he belongs but really??

Piazza will get in and deservedly so.

But why on earth is Jeff Kent not an obvious choice? Outstanding hitter at 2B, despite marginal defence. This makes zero sense to me.

Smoltz probably garnered his share of nice-guy votes to put him over the top. I think he deserves to be in. But yeah he probably shouldn't be a first ballot guy like Pedro and Unit. Being on the media side of baseball now probably got Smoltz a few votes also.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This first ballot crap really has to go. We need binary ballots - either a guy is or he isn't. The stupid 10 limit is as outdated as Tropicana Field. Get rid of it.

Smoltz's nice guy & media work definitely put him over the top of Mussina (who has been out of the picture) and Schilling (media stuff, but a confrontational personality that rubs some the wrong way.)

Comment

Originally posted by Archon View Post
        But why on earth is Jeff Kent not an obvious choice?
        Nobody likes him personally, especially media folks.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Schilling shoving his bloody sock in his mouth again

I think he (Smoltz) got a lot of accolades for that, I think he got a lot of recognition for that and he’s a Hall of Famer so — and I think the other big thing is, I think he’s a Democrat, and so… I know that as a Republican that there’s some people that really don’t like that.”
          Schilling was an ardent supporter of former President George W. Bush and believes his politics cost him about 100 votes.
          Yea, that's definitely the reason. It probably has nothing to do with your confrontational personality and the stupid shit that comes out of your mouth.

By the way, Smoltz is a Republican.

smoltz.jpg

Comment

I only see two getting in for 2016: Mike Piazza and Ken Griffey Jr.

I don't think Trevor Hoffman sniffs 35% and the rest are just going to float around where they've been.

If Smoltz is in, Schilling should be in though.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Schilling probably costs himself votes today with his stupid trap

Hopefully the Bagwell idiots that keep smearing him get the message and wake the F up

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Schilling probably costs himself votes today with his stupid trap

Hopefully the Bagwell idiots that keep smearing him get the message and wake the F up
                Yeah Bagwell SHOULD be in there for sure. Hopefully it happens but they keep dicking him around.
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

With only Griffey really being a likely first year guy in 2016, I wonder if we might see a "rectification" year with three of Piazza, Bagwell, Trammell, and Raines voted in? Probably too logical.
                  "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                    With only Griffey really being a likely first year guy in 2016, I wonder if we might see a "rectification" year with three of Piazza, Bagwell, Trammell, and Raines voted in? Probably too logical.
                    I can't see Raines getting a ~20% bump in a single year. Trammell would need to have a huge run, but I don't see it either. Vets will push him in.

Comment

Griffey & Piazza will get in next year, with Raines moving up another 10% to the 65% level. 2016 is Trammell's last year on the ballot, and he only stands with 25%, so he's done for.

Raines will get elected in 2017 with Pudge & Bags.

Chipper & Thome will get elected in 2018.

I think it will take awhile for Schilling, Moose & Edgar to gain any serious traction, and they'll have to wait perhaps until the next decade.

Comment

Piazza is near certain in 2016. I think Trammell was borderline ever going, and he's run out of time. Whitaker never got close and he was better than Trammell.

Bagwell and Raines are the interesting ones. Bagwell is fully qualified. The stats should eventually overcome the flyover problem. Raines is right on the edge statistically. It depends on whose version you use. However, he has some extra appeal to a lot of people.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          I can't see Raines getting a ~20% bump in a single year. Trammell would need to have a huge run, but I don't see it either. Vets will push him in.
                          I hope not. Trammell is a perfect example of close but no banana. If he is the best player not in the HoF, I'm good with that.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Piazza is near certain in 2016. I think Trammell was borderline ever going, and he's run out of time. Whitaker never got close and he was better than Trammell.

Bagwell and Raines are the interesting ones. Bagwell is fully qualified. The stats should eventually overcome the flyover problem. Raines is right on the edge statistically. It depends on whose version you use. However, he has some extra appeal to a lot of people.

J
                            My sense is that Bagwell's problem isn't his flyover country team but rather that some people assume he took PEDs. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              My sense is that Bagwell's problem isn't his flyover country team but rather that some people assume he took PEDs. Amazing.
                              Yeah, especially considering Biggio just got yesterday....

Comment

Working...
                              X