2K15: David Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K15: David Wright

Wright's another former 1st rounder who has fallen on hard times, having perhaps the worst season of his career in 2014. His .374 SLG% was the lowest of his career by 50 points, and the former 30-30 club member now finds himself in the 8-8 club -- both of which were easily career lows.

What happened? His .325 BABIP was near his career norm, so that was not the reason for his .269 BA. His 7.2% BB% was also a career low and represented a 40% plunge from 2013. His HR/FB rate was a miniscule 3.4%, far below his 9.1% career average.

His swinging strike % was all in line with career norms, as was his contact %.

The only major culprit for his turrble season appears to be his shoulder injury, which caused the Mets to shut him down on September 8th.

The Mets added Mike Cuddyer, his best buddy, so maybe that will help him get back to form as well.

As long as he's over his shoulder woes, I predict a return to his CitiField norm, which would mean .295/18/80/10, not the Wright of old but far better than last year -- which would be a nice return on his current ADP of 101.

I don't think that a complete return to health is a given, but if he is healthy the new citifield dimensions might help him.

Comment

What do you think Wright goes for in an average redraft NL-only 5x5 this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        What do you think Wright goes for in an average redraft NL-only 5x5 this year?
        I have to think there's at least 1 believer out there that goes 22-25.

Comment

Working...
        X