Trading Matt Kemp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Matt Kemp?

Have a trade offer on the table in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5, 10-keeper, straight-draft (no $$) league that involves dealing Matt Kemp for Nolan Arenado and Aramis Ramirez. With Stanton, Kemp, Holiday, Heyward and Revere in my OF, I'm looking to deal one for a CI or two.

Here are my keepers:

Stanton
    Kemp
    Holiday
    Heyward
    Revere
    Hamels
    Arrieta
    deGrom
    Rosenthal
    Kimbrel

Bubble guys:
    Cashner
    Roark
    Syndergaard

Thoughts on this deal?
    Last edited by Falcon; 01-21-2015, 04:47 PM.

Are you planning to keep both of them? Who would you remove from your keeper list for that? Given how good everyone on your list already is, I'd probably be trying to include whoever you wouldn't be keeping and get a better second player back.

That said, I'd definitely do it - I would probably do Kemp for Arenado by himself but I haven't though about it enough to be sure.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I don't think I like Aramis better than Rosey, but there's a compelling argument to trade Kemp for Arenado straight up anyway. (And get Aramis for free if you can, maybe you can flip him). I would try to throw in Rosey and get someone better (or Cashner, who I might keep over Rosey anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon View Post
        Have a trade offer on the table in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5, 10-keeper, straight-draft (no $$) league that involves dealing Matt Kemp for Nolan Arenado and Aramis Ramirez. With Stanton, Kemp, Holiday, Heyward and Revere in my OF, I'm looking to deal one for a CI or two.

Here are my keepers:

Stanton
        Kemp
        Holiday
        Heyward
        Revere
        Hamels
        Arrieta
        deGrom
        Rosenthal
        Kimbrel

Bubble guys:
        Cashner
        Roark
        Syndergaard

Thoughts on this deal?
        If you can get both of those guys straight up for Kemp you have to do it. Then take Ramirez and deGrom and upgrade at pitching or get a very good SS.

Comment

What if I asked for Lucroy rather than A. Ram? Thoughts?

Comment

I like that more. Even in a 1 catcher league.

Comment

That would be awesome if you can make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I like that more. Even in a 1 catcher league.
                Me too +1

Comment

Here's the latest.

Lucroy is now off the table. Deal now is Kemp for Bryce Harper and Aram. Thoughts?

Comment

i take that under normal conditions, but i'm not sure who you drop from your keeper list...
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Here's the latest.

Lucroy is now off the table. Deal now is Kemp for Bryce Harper and Aram. Thoughts?
                      I like Harper over Kemp straight up, but I like the original deal better since it lets you grab a $1 OF
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

This one is fine, but I agree with Fresno and like the first deal much more.

Comment

Here's the latest.

Yes. And just drop Aramis.

Comment

Working...
                          X