Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies sign Aaron Harang.

1 year/5 million
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Phillies sign Aaron Harang.

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Phillies have signed free agent starter Aaron Harang.
    It's a one-year, $5 million deal. There are also some performance-based incentives. Harang posted a nice-looking 3.57 ERA in 204 1/3 innings last season for the Braves, though that came with 71 walks and a not-so-nice 1.40 WHIP. The 36-year-old right-hander probably won't hold much fantasy value in 2015 on a rebuilding Phillies team.-per rotoworld.

Comment

We must have been hitting send at the same time.

Kind of a strange signing for the Phils.

Comment

Yours is better, delete mine

But this might be a precursor to dealing Hamels.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

They need warm bodies for the rotation, especially if they deal Hamels, that's all.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Buy your outfield seats when he pitches in Citizens Bank Park.

It will be a free game used baseball souvenir day when he pitches.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
            X