2K15: Dalton Pompey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K15: Dalton Pompey

I've got a couple of shares of Pompey at decent, not great prices. It looks like he's going into ST with the job to lose...am I reading the situation correctly, and if so, what can we expect out of him? Steamer projections are pretty pessimistic, under .300 OPB and 21 steals. Any reason to think more is likely?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

He stole 43 in 113 minor-league games last year so 30+ is certainly attainable.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Playing time will be the key. Altho nobody is talking about it, the fact that Saunders has a lot of exp. in CF is not a coincidence IMO. If Pompey gets off to a bad start I could see a temporary move of Saunders to CF & putting anyone in LF until he's ready. While 30+ SBs is possible I'd put the over/under right where that projection landed - 21.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Given that he'll only be 22, a short leash makes sense. His minors numbers indicate that he has a pretty decent eye.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

29 of his steals last year came in High A and anyone who follows prospects knows that its a lot easier to steal bases in the low minors than high minors let alone majors. Fast riser playing in 4 leagues last year so some more seasoning in AAA is very possible especially if he doesn't start fast.

Comment

Working...
          X