Keeper questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper questions

16 team league with deep rosters. We draft 454 players. Progressive cost keeper system.

This was my keeper roster

Round 1*: Andrew McCutchen
    Round 2*: Paul Goldschmidt
    Round 3*: Robinson Canó
    Round 4: Adrián Béltre
    Round 5:
    Round 6: Traded (Drew Smyly(12))
    Round 7:
    Round 8:
    Round 9:
    Round 10`: Kole Calhoun
    Round 11`: Miguel Sano Traded (Greg Holland)
    Round 12`: José Fernández
    Round 13`: Matt Harvey
    Round 14`: Christian Yelich
    Round 15`: Carlos Carrasco (w-125)
    Round 16`: Danny Santana (w-182)
    Round 17`: Héctor Rondón (w-203)
    Round 18:
    Round 19: Byron Buxton
    Round 20: Lucas Giolito
    Round 21: Carlos Rodon
    Round 22:
    Round 23:
    Round 24: Clint Frazier
    Round 25: Raul Mondesi

Relevent to the discusion below, I did not keep Synderga'ard or Wheeler, but did keep Rondon. I traded a Sano for Greg Holland. This Leaves me 5 pitchers to draft and four players: C, CI, MI, Util. The 5th round pick should fall in the 100-120 range, based on players reserved.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-13-2015, 02:01 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

There's no point keeping Thor or Fernandez for only 1 year. And I think I like them enough to keep them for 2.

Honestly Sano is probably in the same boat. So it's a question of how much you like Calhoun. I'd be fine giving Calhoun just 1 year. Already 27. Only stole 5 bases. K/BB isn't great.

I like Miley. I think the 300s is a steal. That would make him what, SP70 or something? (30% pitchers drafted in 300 picks is 90, and maybe 20 of them are closers?)

I don't really love anyone from the last list. I guess I'd keep Casilla but Romo looms, and my heart says Crawford.

Comment

List 1 - Calhoun would be the guy. He's one of those "much better real than fantasy" players. And he's on a team that has an owner that may get an itch to replace him with a high priced free agent in a year or two.

Miley - Don't like him, but even I'd take a swing at him in round 20 or so, which I think is around 320 in your league.

Last list - I like Rondon. He may not stay as closer, but he sure looks like a strong RP if he doesn't - good stuff, dropped his BB rate, held his K rate high.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Calhoun is also about as tradeable as he will get.

Miley's option is round #22. With Thor and Fernandez I probably need a reliable innings eater, at least through the first several weeks.

I also like Crawford, since he has already turned heads with his bat. He needs to be in MLB by 2016 to be viable, but that's possible. He should start at AA. If he doesn't rake, I can fish the WW pool.
        If Rodon doesn't close, he is not worth the option. I'll keep him on the mid round list.
        Lamb might be the guy, except for Tomas.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

jose and thor for two, calhoun for one. yes on miley. i'd take a chance on crawford.

Comment

Rondon is the closer. He would be my pick from that group.

Yes on Miley.

Comment

I also like Pomeranz here.

Comment

I soured on Pomeranz when I saw reliance on the fastball. He's a 2 pitch SP with a mediocre curve as the second pitch. Sounds more bullpen to me.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I just acquired Drew Smyly and two option years for one year of Jayson Werth. Does that change anything?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    I just acquired Drew Smyly and two option years for one year of Jayson Werth. Does that change anything?

J
                    Seems like you should be trading some of your excess for a bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Yeah. Smyly was good in TB. I like him more than Miley. So I think they're roughly rated:

Fern
                      Thor
                      ---
                      Werth
                      Smyly
                      Sano
                      ---
                      Calhoun
                      Miley
                      ---
                      Crawford
                      Casilla
                      Rondon

(Granted I don't know if there are pick values to worry about in there)

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I hated to let Jayson go, but he was out of options, plus Smyly is a guy I am targeting in all my leagues. He has a quality TB defense behind him, instead of the mess in Detroit. It's going to make a difference.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I traded Werth for Smyly, now Werth is having surgery.

I offered to give him Werth's option pick instead. It was a close call to keep him, so he might take me up on that.

Correction on Wade Miley. His option is not in the low 300s, but 270ish. Does that change any views?

Keepers need to finalize 5 days after Y! comes up. When was it last year?

J
                          Last edited by onejayhawk; 01-09-2015, 02:49 AM.
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            I traded Werth for Smyly, now Werth is having surgery.

I offered to give him Werth's option pick instead. It was a close call to keep him, so he might take me up on that.

Correction on Wade Miley. His option is not in the low 300s, but 270ish. Does that change any views?

Keepers need to finalize 5 days after Y! comes up. When was it last year?

J
                            I definitely like Miley less in the 270s. Depends on your other options. I think there's still some value there but it's not a lot of profit. I think Yahoo was up in mid January last year but can't remember for sure.

Comment

Smyly can fill that slot in any event. No big loss. Also, the farm arms may contribute sooner than expected: Giolito and Rodon.

J
                              Last edited by onejayhawk; 01-09-2015, 03:43 PM.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X