Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon Byrd to the Reds

for ML pitcher Blake Lively

Blake would probably be worth more to the Phillies, but it's Ben.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Lively is a former UCF guy. He's a back of the rotation guy who throws 4 pitches, but none of them are special.

Byrd is a terrible addition for the Reds, especially when Jocketty's goal was (from last month):

"Those are good guys to find, they're hard to find," Jocketty said. "He's certainly one of them, it's certainly one of the things we'd prefer. We have a lot of strikeout guys right now. Ideally I'd like to find someone who strikes out less and gets on base more.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Lively is a former UCF guy. He's a back of the rotation guy who throws 4 pitches, but none of them are special.
        You may be underestimating the slider...

The Official Site of Minor League Baseball web site includes features, news, rosters, statistics, schedules, teams, live game radio broadcasts, and video clips.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

thank goodness the o's didn't pull the trigger on byrd. he's not the kind of player i'd like to see on my team's roster.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            You may be underestimating the slider...

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb

I saw him pitch 6-7 times while he was at UCF, but that's not the slider I saw there. It was mostly a pitch he threw to RH when up in the count and did not command it well. I've seen 45-55 grades on his pitches, and that's where Kiley still has him in his most recent write-up. When watching him pitch, I always thought #3 at best (Lieber, Dempster type), but a solid #4 guy unless he gets a better feel for his changeup.

Comment

Working...
            X