Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Christmas" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    No love for Greg Bird?
    Thanx for the response, mjl.

Bird isnt too far off the list. He had a good but not great year and he's a 1Bman. 1Bman need to mash. He also has recurring back problems, so some health concerns, too. But BA says he's a pure hitter who projects to hit 18-20 HRs in MLB. He could move onto the list w continued good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by cannoncruz View Post
      I am a newb to this site, and just came across it the other day when I was looking closer at Aristides Aquino. I am more of a H2H points guy than Roto, but I hope you guys won't hold it against me

As a bit of a hobby prospect hound, and a fan of 30 team leagues with 40 man rosters and farm systems I like to track deeper prospects that have not yet made a name for themselves.

I believe in an earlier thread someone had mentioned that they tracked approximately 1000 MiLB players and headed into draft season, for me, I am wondering where they might fall on your lists if they even made your list.

Thanks...... BTW, I love your lists.

Hitters (In no order):
      - Scott Schebler LF, LAD
      - Giovanny Urshela 3B, CLE
      - Rafael Bautista CF, WAS
      - Angel Aguilar SS, NYY
      - Andrew Daniel 2B, LAA
      - Yu-Cheng Chang 3B, CLE
      - Magneuris Sierra OF, STL
      - Evan Van Hoosier CF, TEX
      - Corey Toups SS, KC
      - Sam Travis 1B, BOS

Pitchers (in no order):
      - Jairo Pacheco, LAD
      - Kyle Lloyd, SD
      - Thomas Pannone, CLE
      - Lucas Lanphere, KC
      - Daniel Missaki, SEA
      - Glenn Sparkman, KC
      - Luis Lugo, CLE
      - Derek Thompson, TEX
      - Jharel Cotton, LAD
      Thanx for the response, cannoncruz.

Wow, that's a lot of names. Yes, I have over 1000 names on my list. Schebler, Urshela and Bautista are in the 150-200 range, so if they're available I'd be interested in grabbing them. Chang, Sierra, Van Hoosier, Travis, Sparkman, Lugo and Cotton are a lot farther down. The others werent on my list. I looked at them and most havent played above short-season ball. I havent seen scouting reports on any of them but Aguilar and Lloyd looked intriguing enough that I added them to the list, but pretty far down.

Comment

Thanks for this special Christmas list!!

Just one 1B on your list. I realize that's because teams hope their prospects can play another position; some of the guys currently at 3B or C or OF will end up as 1B.

But I wondered who are some of the 1B who might've missed the cut - any sluggers in the 150-250 range I might want to keep an eye out for?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
          Thanks for this special Christmas list!!

Just one 1B on your list. I realize that's because teams hope their prospects can play another position; some of the guys currently at 3B or C or OF will end up as 1B.

But I wondered who are some of the 1B who might've missed the cut - any sluggers in the 150-250 range I might want to keep an eye out for?
          Thanx as always for the response, James.

Well Greg Bird, who I think I mentioned earlier, is not far off, #166 currently. Christian Walker is in the top 200, and Rangel Ravelo and Dan Vogelbach are in the top 250. That's it for the 1Bmen. But other sluggers in the 150-250 range include Stephen Moya, Scott Schebler, Clint Coulter, Preston Tucker and Peter O'Brien. Also, Renato Nunez and D.J. Peterson are 3Bmen now but could end up at 1B.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Right. Hedges probably is the top Padres prospect on most lists. But I dont like him so much for roto.
            This is why I love rhd's lists. Good defensive catcher for the Padres; not much of a Roto $ ceiling. Glad he's not on any of my teams.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
              Eligibles that dropped off (10):
              C Bethancourt (#101)
              rhd - Did Bethancourt drop off because he's no longer eligible or because you don't think he's that good? His minor league numbers aren't that bad, and looks like he's going to be the starting catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                rhd - Did Bethancourt drop off because he's no longer eligible or because you don't think he's that good? His minor league numbers aren't that bad, and looks like he's going to be the starting catcher.
                Thanx for another response, James.

Yes, he looks to be the starting C. I could have easily left him on (he was the 2nd to last cut), and it's quite possible that I'll put him back on the next list. But I dont think he'll provide much value in roto. He has only a .548 OPS in his limited MLB ABs so far. There were other more exciting names I decided to put on this time.

Comment

Rhd. Where do you see Clint Frazier on this list by years end. I have him in a dynasty league with a small bench. Thanks for all your work

Comment

Bethancourt is never going to hit enough to have fantasy relevancy - even at a position where the offensive bar is rather low

Comment

Originally posted by littlebilly3 View Post
                      Rhd. Where do you see Clint Frazier on this list by years end. I have him in a dynasty league with a small bench. Thanks for all your work
                      Thanx for the response, littlebilly3.

I'm optimistic about Frazier. However, the pundits seem to be a little down on him. Most seem to like Meadows more than Frazier, which I dont get because Meadows has looked solid but unspectacular so far. BA's report on Frazier says he has loud tools but is rather rough now and mentions in particular his hi # of Ks. I really like his upside. He does need to cut down on the Ks, altho he does walk a good amount also. He hit better in the 2nd half. He's potentially an elite prospect if he can improve the plate discipline, so he could end up in the #20-#35 range by year's end.

Comment

I'm curious why Jake Lamb slipped, since he is the presumptive starter at 3B.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          I'm curious why Jake Lamb slipped, since he is the presumptive starter at 3B.J
                          Thanx for the response, J.

He didnt really drop. He was passed by some guys who jumped up, like Moncada and Tomas. His previous ranking reflected the assumption that he would be the starting 3Bman and that hasnt appeared to change. I actually expected him to be a little more highly thought of but he ranked only #6 on the team list for both BP and FanGraphs and Sickels rated him as only a B- prospect. His roto value is higher than his real value, but I still expect him to be a solid MLB regular.

Comment

BP's team rank for LAD released today is:
                            1. Corey Seager
                            2. Julio Urias
                            3. Joc Pederson

WTF? Can you enlighten me please? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                              1. Corey Seager
                              2. Julio Urias
                              3. Joc Pederson

That seems reasonable to me. Urias excites me as much as any SP prospect in the game--right up there with Giolito as a rare true #1 type, so it is no slight to Joc to be ranked behind him. Seager, I assume, gets the nod for his positional advantage. I think all three are probably really, really close, and all three are top 15 prospects. When guys are that close, a lot of factors can go into one getting the nod a slot ahead of the other.
                              Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-08-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                                1. Corey Seager
                                2. Julio Urias
                                3. Joc Pederson

Thanx for the response, whalewang.

In addition to my roto list, I also keep a real list (top 100) and that's the way I have them on my real list. But there's not much that separates them on my real list either as they're all elite prospects. Pederson is 1st now on my roto list because he figures to be a starting MLB OFer on opening day. The other 2 may be up at some point during 2015 also.

Comment

Working...
                                X