McGehee to the Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGehee to the Giants

made expendable by the Prado deal, the Fish send McGehee to the Giants for Hunter Strickland and another pitcher.

Originally posted by revo View Post
    made expendable by the Prado deal, the Fish send McGehee to the Giants for Hunter Strickland and another pitcher.
    That's another pretty shrewd deal for Miami. They got McGee for nothing from Japan, resurrected his career, and now spin him off for a guy who throws in triple digits. I like it a lot...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

It's Kendry Flores & Luis Castillo, not Hunter Strickland.

Comment

So does McGehee now look like a decent play for NL-only leagues? I got him cheap last year and am hoping he can be useful again. How does the park in SF compare to Marlins park? Both extreme pitchers' parks, but beyond that?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          He could see a slight uptick in HRs due to his low FB/HR% but honestly if it were me, I'd be looking to trade him for just about any warm body that's moderately useful.
          I'll be a monkey's uncle if he ever hits 10 homers again. Too many groundballs limits his upside but at least when he does elevate them, they haven't lost any distance

Comment

What's his defense like? Red Sox fans are going to be surprisingly impressed with Sandoval's hands at least, it's range, particularly towards 2nd that is his weakness.
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Somewhere right around average to slightly below average. Kind of a plodder but with a strong arm and decent instincts.
              ...then maybe not a bad play for the Giants. I'm not high on this move, but if they got a glove there, it would almost be justifiable.

Comment

Working...
              X