Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanks Trade Prado to Miami

Prado & David Phelps for Garrett Jones and Nate Eovaldi

The thinking is Prado bumps McGehee off third (didn't he win Comeback Player of the Year?) and not sure where GJones fits in with NYY

awful spot for Eovaldi & his issues vs LH

Comment

What? The Yankees already have A-Rod and Tex at 1B/DH and they don't have a 2B.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        What? The Yankees already have A-Rod and Tex at 1B/DH
        Which means they'll likely need Garrett Jones by, oh, about game 30 or so when one or both are on the DL.

Now the 2B part...yeah, that's true.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Does this deal mean Haren is not retiring?

Comment

As a Marlin fan I like this trade but admit I know very little about the minor leaguer. Prado (a solid and versatile player) and Phelps (a pitcher that I always felt could be a quality starter if given the chance) are players who can help the Marlins. The team had soured on Jones and Eovaldi. Eovaldi throws hard but doesn't have a reliable 2nd pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Does this deal mean Haren is not retiring?
              I think it means that the Marlins will either try to persuade Haren to report, or will try to trade him to Anaheim or San Diego.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                I think it means that the Marlins will either try to persuade Haren to report, or will try to trade him to Anaheim or San Diego.
                Or that the Marlins simply wanted the cash and might use it to sign another pitcher, should Haren retire, or just keep it. This is the one (there might be more than one) team that Haren can't use a threat of retirement to force them to act. The Marlins would probably love to just get the cash.

Comment

Working...
                X