Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wil Myers Traded in 3-Team Blockbuster

from Jim Bowden:

Padres shortstop prospect Trea Turner and pitching prospect Joe Ross will go to the Nationals.
    Myers, Ryan Hanigan, and minor league pitchers Jose Castillo and Gerardo Reyes will go to the Padres.
    Steven Souza, Travis Ott, Rene Rivera, Burch Smith, and Jake Bauers will go to the Rays (with Ott and Souza coming from the Nats).

Yeah, I put this in the Pads thread...can you merge mine in here?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Sucks to be a Souza NL only owner

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Yeah, I put this in the Pads thread...can you merge mine in here?
        I can only merge threads -- can you just copy/paste your comments?

Comment

I'm a Joe Ross owner. Picked him up based on Law giving him love and putting him in his midseason top 50. I was thinking of cutting bait on him, but how does this move impact his value? Is he worse off leaving Petco and an arguably easier division for pitchers? Is he better off going to a better team with a better track record of developing pitchers?

Comment

Also, I don't get this move for the Rays. Even if they wanted to trade Myers, I'd have done the deal with just the Padres. They seem to like Souza a lot, but I like the two way deal better where they' have gotten Ross and esp Turner, who has the highest upside in this deal, outside of Myers.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-18-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

They didn't have an internal replacement for Myers if they didn't make the deal to get Souza. He looks a lot like Matt Joyce swing wise, and he may end up with more homers than Myers if both see equal playing time given the parks, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X