Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Baseball Forecaster (not Prospectus) is here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Baseball Forecaster (not Prospectus) is here...

Woot... Nothing better in December than getting home and opening a package you weren't expecting and it's the 2015 Baseball Prospectus! Christmas came a week early!
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
    Woot... Nothing better in December than getting home and opening a package you weren't expecting and it's the 2015 Baseball Prospectus! Christmas came a week early!
    How did you get it so early?

Comment

Me & Ron are closerthanthis

Honestly? No idea... I preordered it early as always... it was a surprise when I got home from hockey last night... looking forward to digging thru it today
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I received mine on Monday!

Can't wait to place in the middle of the pack again!!!! UGH!!!

I had my 2 years of glory in the PONY League when I placed 2nd and 3rd in back-to-back years.

Then, my "insider" got to be too popular and I fell to 10th or 11th this past year.

But regardless, I always enjoy reading the Shandler bible.

Comment

Wait. Are we talking about Baseball Prospectus or Baseball Forecaster? I got my Forecaster early last week. BP usually doesn't come out until February.

Comment

If you order the Forecaster directly from HQ, it has already arrived. If you go through resellers, you have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              Wait. Are we talking about Baseball Prospectus or Baseball Forecaster? I got my Forecaster early last week. BP usually doesn't come out until February.
              Argh...yes, I'm am idiot. .. it's the forecaster. .. so I actually got mine late?

Hmmm, apparently Ron & I aren't as close as I thought. ...

Comment

Argh...yes, I'm am idiot. .. it's the forecaster. .. so I actually got mine late?

I got mine last week but received the entire book in pdf form around Thanksgiving.

Comment

Haha...you had me shocked for a minute there. I was like, BP, in December?!? HtH?

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    I got mine last week but received the entire book in pdf form around Thanksgiving.
                    Same here. Took it on vacation but barely got started reading it. I'll make lots of progress on it tomorrow.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Now available on Kindle for about $10.50.

Comment

I was going to pick it up there, but the Kindle reviews say that the small print on the stats pages is hard to read on the digital formats, so I guess I'll wait for now.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Yeah, THT Annual, BP, Forecaster... those are all not great on kindle. Unless you have a real-size iPad and use your Kindle app there. Then they're not so bad.

Comment

I got mine ordered from Amazon on jan 2nd
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              I got mine ordered from Amazon on jan 2nd
                              I ordered from Amazon as well and it arrived Dec. 27th.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X