No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Padres now have a shortage of outfielders after trading Juan Soto and Trent Grisham. So, they will be trying out some of their top infield prospects there during spring training. You may want to keep an eye on Jackson Merrill, Graham Pauley, and Jakob Marsee.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Padres manager Mike Shildt told reporters Friday that Xander Bogaerts is moving to second base with Ha-Seong Kim playing shortstop this season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• These jerseys are hideous. The colors, the font, everything is terrible.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Padres place Joe Musgrove on the 15-day IL with right triceps tendinitis.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Joe Musgrove back to the IL again with right elbow inflammation.

Also, Yu Darvish to the IL with a left groin strain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Padres placed OF Fernando Tatis Jr. on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to June 22, with a right femoral stress reaction. He's expected to miss six weeks.
              Last edited by madducks; 06-25-2024, 12:52 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ha-Seong Kim to the IL with right shoulder inflammation.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Padres sign C Elias Díaz to a minor league contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Manny Machado became the Padres' all-time HR leader yesterday. He now has 164 as a Padre, surpassing Nate Colbert. The 164 HRs are the fewest for any MLB teams' career leader. 2nd fewest is Luis Gonzalez' 224 for the DBacks.

Machado has rebounded from a very slow start to have a pretty much typical season for him. Since May 19, he is slashing .303/.353/.533. Up to that date, he was .217/.274/.337.

Comment

• Luis Arraez has not struck out since Aug. 10. He's struck out only twice since the AS break. I found this out from an article at FG. The article also said that his chase rate has gone way up this year after being one of the best in MLB 2 years ago. Yet his contact rate has remained high, helping him to lead his league in hitting for the 3rd year in a row. But his hard contact rate is 6th lowest in MLB and his bat speed is in the 1st percentile, along w Stephen Kwan and Nolan Schanuel.. He is excellent at putting the bat on the ball, even on bad balls, but it comes at the expense of hard contact.
                      Last edited by rhd; 09-12-2024, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        Luis Arraez has not struck out since Aug. 10. He's struck out only twice since the AS break. I found this out from an article at FG. The article also said that his chase rate has gone way up this year after being one of the best in MLB 2 years ago. Yet his contact rate has remained high, helping him to lead the NL in hitting for the 3rd year in a row. But his hard contact rate is 6th lowest in MLB and his bat speed is in the 1st percentile, along w Stephen Kwan and Nolan Schanuel.. He is excellent at putting the bat on the ball, even on bad balls, but it comes at the expense of hard contact.
                        He's much more useful IRL than fantasy, especially in points leagues. I dropped him for Lux en route to a title.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post

He's much more useful IRL than fantasy, especially in points leagues. I dropped him for Lux en route to a title.
                          He was very useful for me last year at the price I got him for. So much so that I paid more to get him this year. He hasnt been as good this year but he's been at least close to providing the value that I paid for him (equivalent of about $22 in value and a salary of about $23).

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

He was very useful for me last year at the price I got him for. So much so that I paid more to get him this year. He hasnt been as good this year but he's been at least close to providing the value that I paid for him (equivalent of about $22 in value and a salary of about $23).
                            He's the 17th best 2B in my points league, behind FA Isaac Parades.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post

He's the 17th best 2B in my points league, behind FA Isaac Parades.
                              I can imagine that his value would be less in a points league because he doesnt hit for power and doesnt steal a lot of bases. I've never played in a points league so it's difficult for me to assess his value in one.

Comment

Working...
                              X