2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    07.16... Royals acquired OF Franchy Cordero and RHP Ronald Bolanos from the Padres for LHP Tim Hill.

Spin: Cordero has dazzled at times with his prodigious power and speed, but he also has a lot of swing and miss in his game and has battled injuries. It's not clear exactly how he fits into the Royals' outfield picture at the moment, but he's worth a gamble in exchange for a middle reliever (albeit an effective one in Hill). Both Cordero and Bolanos will initially be assigned to the Royals' alternate training site.
    I was reading that Cordero might not make the 30 just today, Bolanos is another nice upside arm. I don;t know much about this Hill guy, but he better be pretty good.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      I was reading that Cordero might not make the 30 just today, Bolanos is another nice upside arm. I don;t know much about this Hill guy, but he better be pretty good.
      Um...well....uh...Tim Hill's a very serviceable MR. He really started to show some solid improvement in 2019, with an xERA in the mid-3's. He's a lefty sidearmer who isn't terrible against RHBs, crushes LHBs. And he's been durable. Looks like a 3.5ish ERA/1.25ish WHIP type, but reliability is a plus.

But that's the best I can do. Seems pretty underwhelming to me, other than an indicator that the Pads are sure as heck going for it in the short season.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Um...well....uh...Tim Hill's a very serviceable MR. He really started to show some solid improvement in 2019, with an xERA in the mid-3's. He's a lefty sidearmer who isn't terrible against RHBs, crushes LHBs. And he's been durable. Looks like a 3.5ish ERA/1.25ish WHIP type, but reliability is a plus.

But that's the best I can do. Seems pretty underwhelming to me, other than an indicator that the Pads are sure as heck going for it in the short season.
        Thing I see is that they just traded for Pham and Grisham, Have Trammel and Olivares on deck, with Meyers and that contract in tow. PLUS they are going after Betts this off season so...the OF is a bit crowded and Fracnhey for all his potential, strikes out a bit oo much, is erratic in the field and gets hurt often (or has to date) Bolanos? I like him, but the Padres have a slew of better arms on the roster and in the pipe.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

PLUS they are going after Betts this off season
          Nuh uh....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Nuh uh....
            It's MookieTyme $$$!!!!
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Owners money problems must have gotten better

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Owners money problems must have gotten better
                for real. I am sincerely surprised he seems to have gotten just as much as he would have gotten if this pandemic wasn't happening. I assume their might be a bit of salary suppression this year, but that is clearly not the case, at least not for Betts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  for real. I am sincerely surprised he seems to have gotten just as much as he would have gotten if this pandemic wasn't happening. I assume their might be a bit of salary suppression this year, but that is clearly not the case, at least not for Betts.
                  I heard he is pretty good. Why he went for $45 in my only league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Nuh uh....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Don't sleep on Lamet.............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Don't sleep on Lamet.............
                        umjewman has been singing his praises since 2017, so I can't sleep on him. Grabbed him relatively early in the RJ Mock Draft & The Athleteic NFCB contest, since he'll probably get a lifetime contract from "you know who" in my NL-only league.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Don't sleep on Lamet.............
                          Alert the media...GITH likes a Padre!
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• that game the other day with Bumgarner pitching. Profar was hitting in the cleanup spot with the game on the line with runners in scoring position, and took a pitch that barely grazed him on the foot and he ran to first base. the guy was in an RBI spot to win the game. he opted out. he eventually walked and Hosmer (a lefty vs a lefty) drove everyone in and won the game. but that was shit. the clean up hitter Profar

i don't want to sound like a jock sniffer but Profar totally pussed out, that was gutless. a clean up hitter in an RBI spot to win the game and he passed. and the umps called him back to the batters box.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              that game the other day with Bumgarner pitching. Profar was hitting in the cleanup spot with the game on the line with runners in scoring position, and took a pitch that barely grazed him on the foot and he ran to first base. the guy was in an RBI spot to win the game. he opted out. he eventually walked and Hosmer (a lefty vs a lefty) drove everyone in and won the game. but that was shit. the clean up hitter Profar

i don't want to sound like a jock sniffer but Profar totally pussed out, that was gutless. a clean up hitter in an RBI spot to win the game and he passed. and the umps called him back to the batters box.
                              He did get hit and the Padres are playing money ball, profar has one hit in five games and an obp of almost.. 400 so he's doing what is expected from him, playing solid defense and seems to have a good attitude even though the hits aren't coming yet.

If you want to critique him being in the cleanup spot, well that's on Tingler, not profar.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The Padres placed 1B Eric Hosmer on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to July 29, with gastritis.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X