2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Any hope for Cory Luebke in 2015? He'll be 14 months removed from TJ surgery.
    Ed, some news...finally. Cory looks to be ready to go for Spring Training barring setbacks. There's a small chance he'll lag a bit, but should be in the mix for the #5 spot in the roster possibly the swingman out of the pen, but it's a tough nut to crack right now and looks to get tougher should the Padres actually trade for Hamels.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres are the favorite to land Shields.

Where am I? Is this bizarre world?

Comment

• As an unabashed Shields fan, I'd love this for him. Great park fit, and he gets to pitch close to home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          As an unabashed Shields fan, I'd love this for him. Great park fit, and he gets to pitch close to home.
          As an NL-only owner with a good team but in need of good SP at auction, I'd love this for me. I hope that since Shields is a good guy he ends up happy too I guess.

Comment

• Just read that if the Padres do sign Shields, it will be the largest FA contract in the club's history. The current highest contract ever doled out by the Padres to a free agent is........Joaquin Benoit's 2 year, $15.5m deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Just read that if the Padres do sign Shields, it will be the largest FA contract in the club's history. The current highest contract ever doled out by the Padres to a free agent is........Joaquin Benoit's 2 year, $15.5m deal.

Rumor is 4 years 72-75M. If that is true, and the Cubs don't offer 5 years 80-85M they are foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Rumor is 4 years 72-75M. If that is true, and the Cubs don't offer 5 years 80-85M they are foolish.
                I think that it's highly unlikely that he'd sign for 5 years for just 5-10 million more. I think that a 5 year deal would have to be at least 90-95 million to make a difference, probably closer to 100 million. He's a 20 million a year guy all day long...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• And it's done...congrats to the Pads fans here and everywhere!

The Padres have agreed to terms with James Shields on a four-year deal likely between $72MM and $78MM, SB Nation’s Chris Cotillo reports (Twitter links). The deal also includes a club option. Shields is a client of PSI Sports Management.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Exciting times for Pad's fans. Congrats.

Comment

• Bring your RH pitching staff and left handed hitters when visiting SD.

Comment

• The mayor of San Diego just declared that AJ Preller is allowed to legally commit murder anywhere in San Diego county.

Comment

• The Padres may have had the best offseason of any team I can ever remember. Even if it doesn't work out for them, were they really any worse off than what they typically would have done?

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                            The mayor of San Diego just declared that AJ Preller is allowed to legally commit murder anywhere in San Diego county.
                            Why not he's been killing it all off season
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Well, outside of the, what, $200 million and the boatloads of prospects (that whole "they didn't trade their good prospects" is laughable) and their first round pick, you're exactly right lol.

That said, I do like the Shields signing in a vacuum.

They did well to hold on to Renfroe, for sure.
                              And they're relevant now (with fans, competitors and even Vegas, where they're a startling 16-1 to win the WS) for the first time in what, 17 seasons? And their payroll will only be $10-$20m over what it was last season.

Comment

• I like to see fresh approaches, and both the Astros and Padres are trying, at least. Fun to see what happens
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X