2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    From what I heard it was the fact Gaterol's pitch got bitchslapped 410 feet, yet he was the one acting like HE did something great rather than allowing Bellinger to get credit.
    So is the unwritten rule that you can only celebrate when you do well, not when your teammate does? Trying to keep this all straight

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      So is the unwritten rule that you can only celebrate when you do well, not when your teammate does? Trying to keep this all straight
      I don't make the rules, I only interpret the individual daily expression and fluctuation of said rules.

Why do you hate Profar?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't make the rules, I only interpret the individual daily expression and fluctuation of said rules.

Why do you hate Profar?
        There's no hate, but #1 prospects in baseball who come up at 19 are supposed to put up more than 4 WAR across the prime of their careers. He was a flop. Had all the tools but they went with a 2c head. In Tex he was always concerned about being traded so he could get out from behind Elvis rather than proving it on the field so he'd have a spot of his own.

Comment

There's no hate, but #1 prospects in baseball who come up at 19 are supposed to put up more than 4 WAR across the prime of their careers. He was a flop. Had all the tools but they went with a 2c head. In Tex he was always concerned about being traded so he could get out from behind Elvis rather than proving it on the field so he'd have a spot of his own.
          I was joking, but I see your point.

Why do you hate Brien Taylor?

:P
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I was joking, but I see your point.

Why do you hate Brien Taylor?

:P
            There's no hate, but #1 prospects in baseball are supposed to put up more than 0 WAR. He was a flop.

Comment

There's no hate, but #1 prospects in baseball are supposed to put up more than 0 WAR. He was a flop.
              Tough crowd, try the veal...I'll be here all week.

I tell ya....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

From what I heard it was the fact Gaterol's pitch got bitchslapped 410 feet, yet he was the one acting like HE did something great rather than allowing Bellinger to get credit.
                Brusdar acknowledged Bellinger really well. I'm pretty sure what triggered Machado was Brusdar blowing a kiss into the Pads dugout. I'll readily grant Machado is one of my least fav players in baseball, and seeing him get all pissy after Machado punk'd the Dodgers pretty badly earlier in the game warmed my little heart quite a bit.

I agree it'll make it a more fun rivalry.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Brusdar acknowledged Bellinger really well. I'm pretty sure what triggered Machado was Brusdar blowing a kiss into the Pads dugout. I'll readily grant Machado is one of my least fav players in baseball, and seeing him get all pissy after Machado punk'd the Dodgers pretty badly earlier in the game warmed my little heart quite a bit.

I agree it'll make it a more fun rivalry.
                  Oh yeah the kiss was pretty funny and it did look like it got to Machado.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Good run guys, just to many obstacles to overcome and LA has a hell of a team. See ya next year!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Good run guys, just to many obstacles to overcome and LA has a hell of a team. See ya next year!
                      Great season. They need one more top SP and they'll be right there.

Comment

Good run guys, just to many obstacles to overcome and LA has a hell of a team. See ya next year!
                        It was - losing your top two SPs going into the series was a real groin shot.

Comment

• yeah, I was impressed with how the Padres battled with a bad hand.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• This from RW:

Tommy Pham underwent emergency surgery after getting stabbed in San Diego on Sunday night.
                            No organs were damaged, per Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune, but Pham did require stitches to close a deep wound in his lower back that went through all three layers of skin. Acee writes that "the incident happened when Pham was leaving an establishment and came upon an argument occurring near his car." Pham asked the people involved in the argument to get away from his car and a physical altercation ensued. “I’d like to thank the incredible medical staff at UC San Diego Health for taking such great care of me last night,” Pham said in a released statement. “I truly appreciate the hard work of the (San Diego Police Department) as well as they continue their search for the suspects. While it was a very traumatic and eye-opening experience for me, I’m on the road to recovery and I know I’ll be back to my offseason training routine in no time.”

Wow. Glad he seems to be all right.

Comment

• He's a very lucky guy. That said, someone who made $3 mil this year and probably $8-11 mil next year needs to be smart enough not to get into fights in strip club parking lots.

Comment

• Yup..

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X