2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Not a single word about Franchy in weeks...any local scuttle?
    Yeah, I'd like to know about Franchy as well. I cannot find a word about him anywhere, including all of the pregame and postgame Padres shows. It is a pleasure watching Margevicius, Strahm, Lauer, Lucchesi and Paddack pitch, it's a thing of beauty. They can hold their own against any opposing pitcher. And Friarsfan is correct, they're on a pretty strict pitch count. Margevicius got pulled tonight just before his 80th pitch. I think part of the newfound passion has to be credited to Machado's presence and ability... he has found a comfortable, welcoming home in San Diego. I hope the Friars can stay hot. They beat up the Dodgers/Jansen in the bottom of the 9th in tonight's game with a two-out, walk-off grand slam from Hunter Renfroe!

Comment

• Any timetable on Tatis return?
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        Any timetable on Tatis return?
        Sounds like as soon as the 10 days are up.

Comment

• If you arent watching Paddack/DeGrom tonight you are missing out. As a huge fan of top end pitching this is a treat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            If you arent watching Paddack/DeGrom tonight you are missing out. As a huge fan of top end pitching this is a treat.
            Both are out now. Paddack outdueled DeGrom. This kid is ridiculous.

Comment

Both are out now. Paddack outdueled DeGrom. This kid is ridiculous.
              8th straight game for Paddack allowing 4 or fewer hits.

Comment

• I can't get over the fact that Paddack only allowed 2 hits to McNeil in 4 AB - THAT is impressive!
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  8th straight game for Paddack allowing 4 or fewer hits.
                  Here's a question - hows he doing this with just a FB and CH? Normally you'd expect that a starter needs at least 3 pitches to succeed. (I know he has a CB as well but it is used sparingly)

Comment

• Strahm worth a streamer tomorrow?

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Strahm worth a streamer tomorrow?
                      He's worth a "you should probably pick him up and keep him", so, sure.

Comment

Here's a question - hows he doing this with just a FB and CH? Normally you'd expect that a starter needs at least 3 pitches to succeed. (I know he has a CB as well but it is used sparingly)
                        Just guessing here, but as the real estate people say, location, location, location. Bartolo Colon succeeded for years throwing about 80% fastballs, and they weren't that fast compared to most. Paddack also has a differential between his fastball and change that's well over the supposed ideal of 10 MPH. I think that he's just a really advanced young pitcher.

But I'd be surprised if he gets 100 more innings or so this season...the Pads are really going to have to be smart about his usage.

And it's nice to see that he's got a bit of the Red Ass in him as well, apparently, he was pissed that Peter Alonso won the rookie of the month, and said so. Then made it his personal challenge to dominate him last night...and he did. Alonso handled it like a pro...said all the right things, but it could be a fun rivalry for a long time to come.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Just guessing here, but as the real estate people say, location, location, location. Bartolo Colon succeeded for years throwing about 80% fastballs, and they weren't that fast compared to most. Paddack also has a differential between his fastball and change that's well over the supposed ideal of 10 MPH. I think that he's just a really advanced young pitcher.
                          I agree with you - the pinpoint command sets him apart.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          But I'd be surprised if he gets 100 more innings or so this season...the Pads are really going to have to be smart about his usage.
                          I've read a couple more recent snippets that suggested he'll be closer to ~140 actually. One, someone with the Padres mentioned that they aren't going to Strasburg him. Two, they are carefully managing his innings early, he's not going more than ~90 pitches but he's been relatively efficient. Three, I saw a quote where they noted that they are including some of the 2018 spring IP in their evaluation (instead of the 90.0). Four, they are spreading out his appearances. Notice how he pitched yesterday and he's not scheduled again for a week. I think they'll slowly pace him throughout the year and end up at ~140 IP but without the stressful 100+ pitch games and spread out to lessen the impact on the arm.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          And it's nice to see that he's got a bit of the Red Ass in him as well, apparently, he was pissed that Peter Alonso won the rookie of the month, and said so. Then made it his personal challenge to dominate him last night...and he did. Alonso handled it like a pro...said all the right things, but it could be a fun rivalry for a long time to come.
                          Agree 100%. Fun to watch that.

Comment

He's worth a "you should probably pick him up and keep him", so, sure.
                            Well, that too......I'm pretty deep at SP (Max, Verlander, Boyd, German, Hendricks, Porcello) and would have to drop a decent low-end bat to snag Strahm, hence my hesitation.

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Well, that too......I'm pretty deep at SP (Max, Verlander, Boyd, German, Hendricks, Porcello) and would have to drop a decent low-end bat to snag Strahm, hence my hesitation.
                              Ah 12 team. Still probably rosterable there. Are you limited to 6 SP/4 RP? Or can you go 7/3? I'd want Strahm over a 4th RP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Not a single word about Franchy in weeks...any local scuttle?
                                Haven't heard a thing. Gotta assume he is ticketed to El Paso once he is ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X