2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
    He's a fine keeper, but I think he may get exposed as the ABs pile up. He's due for some regression, but he does have a high upside. Trouble with anyone playing for SD is that the park suppressed power numbers and they are absolutely loaded in the system, so any major leaguer having a poor season is in immediate hazard of being replaced. The better the minor league system, the shorter the leash.

So, if I could have Franchy dirt cheap, I'd be ecstatic to take a chance on him, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he isn't worth much by the end of next year.
    This is a great post.

At a buck he is a no risk player for me. It is all upside.

Comment

• I picked him up as a FA in deep NL last year and again this year

sweet FA pickup, but I agree that his longterm value is not clear. yesterday he had a HR and 3 Ks, and that's kind of a Franchy game. something has to give.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        I picked him up as a FA in deep NL last year and again this year

sweet FA pickup, but I agree that his longterm value is not clear. yesterday he had a HR and 3 Ks, and that's kind of a Franchy game. something has to give.
        Cordero crushed an 86 mile-per-hour slider 449 feet into the second deck in right-center field. The ball left Cordero’s bat at 112 mph and was his seventh on the season.

Cordero now leads all of baseball with four home runs over 440 feet.

How much fun can a fantasy player have for a buck! Or free with FAAB?

Comment

• I have watched most of SD’s games. What impresses me about Franchy is you can see him making adjustments. At first he was swinging at everything. He is now starting to take walks and laying off of tough pitches. I am bullish on his future.
          Last edited by FBP; 05-23-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
            I have watched most of SD’s games. What impresses me about Franchy is you can see him making adjustments. At first he was swinging at everything. He is now starting to take walks and laying off of tough pitches. I am bullish on his future.
            Yeah, he's cooled off a bit in the last few weeks (except for that BOMB he hit last night). But the staff keeps talking about how much he is learning and making adjustments. The raw potential is there. His defense has been pretty bad though - making some bad reads and angles.

Comment

• to be fair, yes he is drawing some walks this year
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• How about a huzzah for one of the great comebacks of the year, Tyson Ross? He's been fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  How about a huzzah for one of the great comebacks of the year, Tyson Ross? He's been fantastic.
                  Somehow I ended up with him in both my NL-only's this year, probably because he was so goddamn cheap. Normally I feel like a sucker when I go after a formerly great pitcher who has a catastrophic injury and makes his way back but somehow Ross seems to be one of the few who has come back just as good as before.

Comment

• He looks like a different pitcher from his previous stint with the team (and he wasn't too bad then either). His delivery is smooth and not as labored as it used to be. His slider is wicked.

Comment

• Another long time owner in my league has told me that he will never take a shot at a SD prospect as they can't develop players worth a shit (his words).
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Another long time owner in my league has told me that he will never take a shot at a SD prospect as they can't develop players worth a shit (his words).
                        Maybe he just needed an excuse to turn down your trade offer of Margot/Cordero.

While i did drop Renfro, i'm satisfied with Villanueva, Jankowski, and Lucchesi so far. It's true they have had their ups and downs. But overall, i'm satisfied.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Two more bombs for Villanueva tonight. He now has 18 hr in 180 career at bats!
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Franmil with HRs in 3 consecutive games now.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Franmil with HRs in 3 consecutive games now.
                              Don't know if he can hit enough to get to it, but dude has legit power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Don't know if he can hit enough to get to it, but dude has legit power.
                                Now with 5 HRs in his last 7 games. And 19 HRs through 53 total games (MLB+Minors) this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X