2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Cory Spangenberg has been, dare I say, en fuego.
    heh, I was just coming to post that. Though he's actually been secretly good most of the year. May was a bad month, but since June 1 he's hitting .308/.374/.524 with 11 HR.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Hunter Renfroe demoted to AAA

Comment

• Padres have hired Fangraph's Dave Cameron for an R&D role with the team.

Comment

• Christian Villanueva....should I be paying attention to this guy? He is available in my NL only, which is difficult to say about most players. What's his PT outlook?

Comment

• Margot blows. That is all.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Christian Villanueva....should I be paying attention to this guy? He is available in my NL only, which is difficult to say about most players. What's his PT outlook?
              Love this kid! He forced his way on to the roster with a great spring (and being out of options) and (hopefully) just forced himself into some more playing time. Green said after last night’s game that they’ll still get all involved (Headly and Spangenberg). Please, Lord, make this the last time we see Headly in a Padre uni. I hope it was worth it to get Brian Mitchell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Margot blows. That is all.
                Patience, amigo. It’ll come. His skill set is incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                  Telling Mith to be patient is like telling water to not be wet. But I agree, Margot will come around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    Hitting 9th tonight. Those skills need to start turning into results!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The Pads managed to lose tonight in a manner that might make Friarfan light his pants on fire again.

There's probably a more embarassing way to lose, but I can't come up with it right now.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Kirby Yates left after throwing one pitch in the 8th. he did walk off, but something iffy there.
                        the old Japanese rookie and Erlin both impressed after that.

that fatal, feeble popup was kind of in no man's land. still, yeah
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Really digging Pirella. If he just shows a bit of power, he'd be really great.

Comment

• Lucchesi!
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Not sure what to make of Lucchesi. His peripherals are solid and support his performances. He was also solid every stop in the minors. Rotowire and BBHQ are not sold and seem to suggest his bubble will burst. I have watched all of his starts and while not a professional evaluator, he seems to be the real deal. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                                Not sure what to make of Lucchesi. His peripherals are solid and support his performances. He was also solid every stop in the minors. Rotowire and BBHQ are not sold and seem to suggest his bubble will burst. I have watched all of his starts and while not a professional evaluator, he seems to be the real deal. Thoughts?
                                I think he's for real but profiles as more of a #3. So, not a huge ceiling and could struggle for wins on that team but can still help your team quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X