2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    My next question is for Cordoba. With Aybar & Sardinas as the competition how is he viewed here? His BA for rookie ball is real good and showed SB potential. I've been offered a trade for him.
    The Padres are going to see what he's got during the season and so far, in a small sample, he's does OK, but I wouldn;t roster him outside of a deep NL only (is there such a thing?) I keep hearing the Padres are on the lookout to trade for a SS and that leaves Cordoba a bit on the outside of things. He's worth a flier, but shouldn;t be a main component in any deal.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      The Padres are going to see what he's got during the season and so far, in a small sample, he's does OK, but I wouldn;t roster him outside of a deep NL only (is there such a thing?) I keep hearing the Padres are on the lookout to trade for a SS and that leaves Cordoba a bit on the outside of things. He's worth a flier, but shouldn;t be a main component in any deal.
      Thanks GITH. I had to check because his two minor league seasons he hit .342 and .362. but he was a rule 5 pick so there had to be some reason he wasn't protected. Regardless I agree with you assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        Thanks GITH. I had to check because his two minor league seasons he hit .342 and .362. but he was a rule 5 pick so there had to be some reason he wasn't protected. Regardless I agree with you assessment.
        I'm not saying he won't develop, but unless you have a deep MiL roster and can keep players indefinitely, it's not worth the spot. Plus there's a very good chance he'll get just enough ABs to lose rookie eligibility and if he's not going to help this year (again outside of deep NL leagues) and has to be a ML keeper next season , it'd be a stretch to justify dealing anything of value for him.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Cahill to the DL with a shoulder strain, Cosart to enter the rotation.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres Farmhand Kyle Lloyd pitched a CG No Hitter at AA

Now if the Padres ML club could ever get one...................

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Padres Farmhand Kyle Lloyd pitched a CG No Hitter at AA

Now if the Padres ML club could ever get one...................
              the Mets imo don't have one, either. Johan Santana allowed a clearly fair double, but it was just before replay was instituted. it would have been changed to a hit. the hell with the record book; a no-hitter means no one kept the ball on the playing field with no way to get him out at first, and with no poor fielding involved.

they should give the Tigers P his perfect game (the 27th out came when the ball got to the first baseman's glove) and take away Johan's no-no

#justsayin
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                the Mets imo don't have one, either. Johan Santana allowed a clearly fair double, but it was just before replay was instituted. it would have been changed to a hit. the hell with the record book; a no-hitter means no one kept the ball on the playing field with no way to get him out at first, and with no poor fielding involved.

they should give the Tigers P his perfect game (the 27th out came when the ball got to the first baseman's glove) and take away Johan's no-no

#justsayin

That would be Galarraga with almost perfect game.

Comment

• Pads recall top pitching prospect Dinelson Lamet from AAA. What do we know about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Pads recall top pitching prospect Dinelson Lamet from AAA. What do we know about him?
                    Not a lot, the stuff you can glean from all the stat sights--24, K/9 is great BB/9 a little high, he fared well in the PCL 50K/20BB in 39 IP.

Should be up until Cahill is back at the very least.

The Padres are really active on roster moves so there's no guarantees except that Weaver has most likely pitched his last for the Padres.

In other Friar news, Carlos Asuaje has been called up and Chase dÁnaurd was added to the roster (Sardinas DFA)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Pads recall top pitching prospect Dinelson Lamet from AAA. What do we know about him?
                      Well he didn't make rhd's top 150 prospects, so how good can he be?

But I kind of hope he gets called up before Thursday so I can put a lightening in a bottle FAAB bid on him.

Comment

He is to be called up for Thursday's start.

Can this happen at any time or is there a set time that call ups have to be in? Say like 5:00 tonight or 1 hour before game time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          He is to be called up for Thursday's start.

Can this happen at any time or is there a set time that call ups have to be in? Say like 5:00 tonight or 1 hour before game time?
                          I believe the rule is a minimum of three hours before game time. Hopefully, Kevin Seitzer can comment.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Impressive first start by Lamet. Yeah, I know, caveat was it was against the Mets, but still, 8 Ks in 5 IP with only 1 ER is nice.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Impressive first start by Lamet. Yeah, I know, caveat was it was against the Mets, but still, 8 Ks in 5 IP with only 1 ER is nice.
                              Someone in our NL league put a Wed.night faab bid of $5 on him. If he was called up I would have went $6. Our rules do not allow for bids on players unless they are on the 40 man roster. I believe/hope it was an honest mistake.

CBS awarded the player. I had to let the player and comish know that it was an illegal bid. Everyone was cool about it, but the guy who made the bid promised he will go over $24 next week. This means you have to keep him next year or pay real cash to drop him.

Comment

• 5 minutes ago, I never heard of Franchy Cordero. now he's on my team (I'm not saying this is a deep league, but check out the active flotsam and jetsom in my OF of my 4th-place team!).

what did I buy? (there are 8 H openings right now; the guy is fogging a mirror in AAA so he wouldn't have lasted the hour)
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X