No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it looks like the Padres are toying with the idea of keeping 4 catchers. Sanchez has had a hot spring and with Hedges, bethancourt and the rule 5 guy Torrens, they might just do it, especially if he can play some 1b as they have no one outside of Solarte who can play there adequately.

Stammens seems to be making a late push for the pen, he could force Quack out if he continues.

The rotation looks to be

Chacin
    Richards
    Weaver
    Perdomo
    Cahill.

They'll most likely carry Cosart in the pen along with the following

Maurer
    Hand
    Butcher
    Baumann
    Stammens
    Diaz
    Bethancourt

Friedrich might make it if he can prove to be healthy, if not he starts on the DL but should work his way into the mix as the Padre pitching staff is probably the easiest to crack in baseball.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Cosart seems like a guy who could really step up in the bullpen.

Comment

• So as we near opening day these things are clearing up.

Friedrich will indeed start the season on the DL.

The starting 5 I mentioned appear to be the guys, though remember Green has mentioned piggybacking starters so Cosart will get work.

Capps might start the season on the DL but if he's right will quickly be put into the pen and given high leverage opportunities.

Schimpf is still hurt and when he plays he's struggled. Spangenberg is killing the ball and loks to open the season as the starter. He's also playing 3b while the Padres try solarte at 2nd.

Aybar looks to have won the starting SS job so the Padres will have a decision to either keep Cordoba (rule 5) or Sardinas, I can;t imagine they;ll keep both, but whomever sticks will be playing all over the field.

Margot is back in the line-up so it looks like the 4 man OF is what we thought (with Blash subbing for Dickerson) Blash has cooled off as expected so the starting OF opening day could easily be Renfroe, Jank and Margot.

I'll try and keep on top of it and hopefully update as I can.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Just drafted Capps for $2 in my 12-team NL-only league - what kind of odds would you put on him taking over the closer's role if he comes back healthy?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Just drafted Capps for $2 in my 12-team NL-only league - what kind of odds would you put on him taking over the closer's role if he comes back healthy?
            I drafted him with the same thing in mind. If he pitches to potential, he'll close. Maurer is better suited for set up anyway. IMHO.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Baumann and Capps to start the season on the DL as well.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                So it looks like the Padres are toying with the idea of keeping 4 catchers. Sanchez has had a hot spring and with Hedges, bethancourt and the rule 5 guy Torrens, they might just do it, especially if he can play some 1b as they have no one outside of Solarte who can play there adequately.

Stammens seems to be making a late push for the pen, he could force Quack out if he continues.

The rotation looks to be

Chacin
                Richards
                Weaver
                Perdomo
                Cahill.

They'll most likely carry Cosart in the pen along with the following

Maurer
                Hand
                Butcher
                Baumann
                Stammens
                Diaz
                Bethancourt

Friedrich might make it if he can prove to be healthy, if not he starts on the DL but should work his way into the mix as the Padre pitching staff is probably the easiest to crack in baseball.
                So they pretty much went with this as their pitching staff with Torres replacing Baumann who went on the DL.

The big surprises are that they optioned both Spangenberg and Blash opting to go with 4 catchers and keeping all 3 rule 5 guys (not a surprise), but also keeping Sardinas So the starting OF is definitely Margot, Renfroe and Jank until Dickerson gets back.

Maybe I should downgrade my bold prediction of the Padres winning 70 by 10 games because at this point 60 would be a stretch.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  So they pretty much went with this as their pitching staff with Torres replacing Baumann who went on the DL.

The big surprises are that they optioned both Spangenberg and Blash opting to go with 4 catchers and keeping all 3 rule 5 guys (not a surprise), but also keeping Sardinas So the starting OF is definitely Margot, Renfroe and Jank until Dickerson gets back.

Maybe I should downgrade my bold prediction of the Padres winning 70 by 10 games because at this point 60 would be a stretch.
                  I love the insider knowledge of the Padres, but man, they are about as consequential to fantasy baseball as the Dallas Cowboys are!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I love the insider knowledge of the Padres, but man, they are about as consequential to fantasy baseball as the Dallas Cowboys are!
                    I'd warrant that Dak as a prospect in the MLB would be more draftable than some of these guys.......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• A team in that position is looking squarely at the future. I think the powers that be don't care if they win 60, 70 or 80. With that pitching staff they know they can't contend. While they have promise offensively (don't sleep on some interesting current players) they are playing for 2019 and beyond.

Comment

• Uber-stud Anderson Espinoza has been placed on the minor league DL with forearm tightness (uh-oh), he's gone for an MRI. Confirmed liar AJ Preller says that the MRI shows no ligament or elbow issues. So, take that information with a pound of salt.

On the other hand, the Pads are showing surprising life...good for them! It'll make the West much more interesting if they're really not a doormat.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Crap. Hoping Espinoza is ok. In the other hand he's only like 12 years old so it might as well happen now.

Margot and Renfroe looking good. Not expecting Margot to hit 2 homers a game every day but he is blazing fast and his D in cf is already impressive. Renfroe is also a well above average defender and it won't be long before runners realize that can't take an extra base on him.

On the flip side, can the end the Bethancourt experiment already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Uber-stud Anderson Espinoza has been placed on the minor league DL with forearm tightness (uh-oh), he's gone for an MRI. Confirmed liar AJ Preller says that the MRI shows no ligament or elbow issues. So, take that information with a pound of salt.

On the other hand, the Pads are showing surprising life...good for them! It'll make the West much more interesting if they're really not a doormat.
                            Their offense looks better still not drafting a starting pitcher next week.

Comment

• Wil Myers with the cycle against COL.

Comment

• Hedges 0 for his first 23
                                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                                X