No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Paddack, who the Padres received in the Rodney deal, tore his UCL and needs TJ surgery. He's gonna miss the entire 2017 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Chris Paddack, who the Padres received in the Rodney deal, tore his UCL and needs TJ surgery. He's gonna miss the entire 2017 season.
      Real bummer. The kid looked amazing. TJ, despite current sentiment, is not a sure thing. Hope it works out for him.

Comment

• SS Jose Rondon - attractive pickup at a 5-S2 contract in 2017?
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Padres Update.

JJ, Rondon MIGHT be the SS for the Padres going forward as I can't see them picking up Ramirez's option and they might even try to deal him after they send him through waivers (which they will) and they won't be signing any FA's next season (at least none significant) and neither Gurerra or Giron will be ready so I'd assume Rondon will get every chance to win the job out of ST. This is of course barring a trade that brings in a SS (Preller has been chasing Profar ever since he became GM) So yeah it's a safe pick up if it costs you little.

I've heard Hedges will NOT get the call if Norris is dealt because if he gets more than 17 ML days this season, the Padres lose a year of control and right now, that's something they've learned to value. So if Norris goes, look for Sanchez to be recalled.

Blash over Renfroe or Marogt? Same thing, plus they want to see what they have in Blash going into next season, so no Hunter or Manny till Sept Call Ups.

Are you free? Have a live arm? You might want to send a video of that 83 MPH fastball to the Padres because they really don;t seem to care who they throw out there to start for the rest of the season.

You can bank on Perdomo making as many starts as they can get him ROS, but who knows--Jackson, Clemens, Cosart and Friedrich seem to be rotation fodder and I wouldn't roster any of them.

The OF looks like Blash, Jankowski and Dickerson going forward.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So the Padres look to be releasing Alexi Ramirez and giving Sardinas (recently acquired) the job at SS. Rondon won't be back until Sept at best. Noonan is depth but useless. They signed Clayton Richard and will go with a 6 man rotation, though they might go 7 once Ross returns end of the month.

being a Padre fan right now is tough as I want them to win, but having a top 5 pick in next years draft would be nice too...........
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Padres Update.

JJ, Rondon MIGHT be the SS for the Padres going forward as I can't see them picking up Ramirez's option and they might even try to deal him after they send him through waivers (which they will) and they won't be signing any FA's next season (at least none significant) and neither Gurerra or Giron will be ready so I'd assume Rondon will get every chance to win the job out of ST. This is of course barring a trade that brings in a SS (Preller has been chasing Profar ever since he became GM) So yeah it's a safe pick up if it costs you little.

I've heard Hedges will NOT get the call if Norris is dealt because if he gets more than 17 ML days this season, the Padres lose a year of control and right now, that's something they've learned to value. So if Norris goes, look for Sanchez to be recalled.

Blash over Renfroe or Marogt? Same thing, plus they want to see what they have in Blash going into next season, so no Hunter or Manny till Sept Call Ups.

Are you free? Have a live arm? You might want to send a video of that 83 MPH fastball to the Padres because they really don;t seem to care who they throw out there to start for the rest of the season.

You can bank on Perdomo making as many starts as they can get him ROS, but who knows--Jackson, Clemens, Cosart and Friedrich seem to be rotation fodder and I wouldn't roster any of them.

The OF looks like Blash, Jankowski and Dickerson going forward.
              Why do they value it so highly if they just send these young players packing as they approach arbitration? Seems like an endless cycle of bringing in young players, using them for a year or two when they're not ready, and as soon as they start to click and play well, arbitration becomes a concern and they deal them away.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Why do they value it so highly if they just send these young players packing as they approach arbitration? Seems like an endless cycle of bringing in young players, using them for a year or two when they're not ready, and as soon as they start to click and play well, arbitration becomes a concern and they deal them away.
                They haven't sent anyone packing because of Arbitration since Preller took over.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Schimpf has a higher SLG than any regular in MLB this season except David Ortiz, so there's that.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Schimpf has a higher SLG than any regular in MLB this season except David Ortiz, so there's that.
                    I grabbed him for $1 in all of my leagues when he came up. In my NL-onlys, he's been a godsend.

I just wonder if he'll start the season in 2017 as a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      I grabbed him for $1 in all of my leagues when he came up. In my NL-onlys, he's been a godsend.

I just wonder if he'll start the season in 2017 as a starter.
                      Absolutely

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                        Absolutely
                        This guy really isn't slowing down.

Hey, GITH and other SD folks, what is the take on him in down there?

Comment

• Watched him a lot. All or nothing as he sells out on most swings. Not many line drives as his swing has a lot of loft. With Spangenburg coming back and Acejo (sp?) coming up soon from the minors it is hard to have confidence in him as the starter in 2017.

Comment

• Wow, this could be huge if the Padres end up losing draft picks.

"According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Padres are under investigation by Major League Baseball for manipulating health reports on players.
                            As explained by Olney, "San Diego Padres officials instructed their organization's athletic trainers to maintain two distinct files of medical information on their players -- one for industry consumption and the other for the team's internal use." It is believed they did so to better position the team for trades. 2016 brought another busy trade deadline for the Padres, and officials from the Red Sox, Marlins, White Sox, and a few other clubs were "enraged" at the deceit, per Olney. Major League Baseball could come down rather hard here with discipline."
                            Source: ESPN.com via Rotoworld
                            Sep 15 - 2:52 PM
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Wow, this could be huge if the Padres end up losing draft picks.

"According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Padres are under investigation by Major League Baseball for manipulating health reports on players.
                              As explained by Olney, "San Diego Padres officials instructed their organization's athletic trainers to maintain two distinct files of medical information on their players -- one for industry consumption and the other for the team's internal use." It is believed they did so to better position the team for trades. 2016 brought another busy trade deadline for the Padres, and officials from the Red Sox, Marlins, White Sox, and a few other clubs were "enraged" at the deceit, per Olney. Major League Baseball could come down rather hard here with discipline."
                              Source: ESPN.com via Rotoworld
                              Sep 15 - 2:52 PM
                              Yeah it is apparently they changed trainers this past off season who implemented the new system. I also learned Preller has been suspended before for holding illegal workouts when he was with the Rangers and already fined (warned) for doing something similar with the Padres.

Too bad as the Padres are positioned to pick in the top 5 next year.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                                Watched him a lot. All or nothing as he sells out on most swings. Not many line drives as his swing has a lot of loft. With Spangenburg coming back and Acejo (sp?) coming up soon from the minors it is hard to have confidence in him as the starter in 2017.
                                Hm. Interesting take. Is Spangenburg really blocking Schimpf at this point? By the end of this season, Schimpf will have nearly twice as many MLB ABs and homeruns, a higher career OBP and a MUCH higher SLG. Spangenburg has more speed and a higher average, but seems to be the inferior player. Schimpf is 28, so there's always that, but Spangenburg is 25, so it's not like he's some spring chicken himself. If Schimpf ends up hitting 20+ HRs in less than half a season, can the Padres really afford to sit him? At what point will Spangenburg have been Schimpf'ed?

Comment

Working...
                                X