No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we could get a Melvin for Ubaldo deal...WhoooHoooo! Maybe the Pads get a prospect as well...although the O's organization is pretty bare, Preller likes to dive deep.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Man, is there any better example of a fantasy asset who's a total real baseball non-asset than Matt Kemp? Dude clubbed two HRs today, has 22 on the year, and has essentially been a replacement level player in terms of real baseball - worth exactly 0.0 wins before tonight. He was worth 0.4 wins last year despite hitting 23 HRs.
      Yet he's been every bit as worth as Grandal and however in real baseball for the Padres--We got our fist Cycle from him and you got...........another year of almost making it to the World Series because you know, spending makes it right...................

It's funny because you almost sound like Orel, who sounds like how many excuses can I make for the dodgers.............
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Looks like we could get a Melvin for Ubaldo deal...WhoooHoooo! Maybe the Pads get a prospect as well...although the O's organization is pretty bare, Preller likes to dive deep.
        I think the Pads will make the deal if they get a prospect otherwise they really aren't saving much.

Comment

• I'm neither a Padres or Dodgers fan and i enjoy the lively banter between the two of you but..

Good Lord... in my lifetime the Dodgers have won exactly 2 World Series. Two...in 50 years... sorry ElD the Dodgers organization sucks. Not SD suckage, but still pretty pathetic.

And the Padres have been in the WS more recently than the Dodgers.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I certainly do wish that the Dodgers would win the World Series instead of merely going to the playoffs every year, but I'm also pretty certain that having an aging replacement-level player on a $100 million contract would not have changed that.
            Nobody remembers who made the playoffs or finished 2nd.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Nobody remembers who made the playoffs or finished 2nd.
              What are you saying? Fans remember that stuff all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                What are you saying? Fans remember that stuff all the time.
                I meant it in a "Winning the title is all that really matters" kind of way.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Yet he's been every bit as worth as Grandal and however in real baseball for the Padres--We got our fist Cycle from him
                  Man, I know that some people are into that kinda thing...but, ouch.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Stellar. Thanks again for your insight.

Regardless, my initial point wasn't meant to hurt GitH's feelings, but rather to point out the disparity between value in fantasy and value in real baseball. Sorry that it did hurt GitH's feelings. I should have posted it about Khris Davis or some other similar guy.
                    hehe you don't hurt my feelings when you bash the Padres, now the fact you never call anymore, that makes me sad.

Again, we see this from two different perspectives and as a Dodger fan you really won't ever have the Padre perspective.

Is Kemp worth his contract? Not if you evaluate by WAR of other analytics. But to the casual fan, the casual PADRE fan, he has been far more valuable than Grandal.

I'll try to be specific when discussing real vs fantasy in the future.........
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So with Cashner obviously heading out of San Diego the rotation going forward looks like this:

Perdomo
                      Rea
                      Jackson
                      Clemens
                      Freidrich

I understand some here have questioned why I have Perdomo rostered in multiple leagues, but I promise, the kid is someone you want to grab now at a buck or two and keep going into next season.

he's lowered his ERA every month and this month has a 3.45 ERA in 4 starts. His last start vs the Nats was solid.

Again, if you have roster room, take a flier on him. You might just be pleasantly surprised come end of the season.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ross is theoretically back eventually, who would he bump?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          Ross is theoretically back eventually, who would he bump?
                          If Ubaldo is really on the way, Clemens gets the boot. Ross isn't supposed to be back til mid/ate august if then and I would think the Padres go to a 6 man rotation at that point.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            If Ubaldo is really on the way, Clemens gets the boot. Ross isn't supposed to be back til mid/ate august if then and I would think the Padres go to a 6 man rotation at that point.
                            Or Ubaldo will be used strictly for batting practice...
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Stellar. Thanks again for your insight.

Regardless, my initial point wasn't meant to hurt GitH's feelings, but rather to point out the disparity between value in fantasy and value in real baseball. Sorry that it did hurt GitH's feelings. I should have posted it about Khris Davis or some other similar guy.
                              It is stellar, the Dodgers have been huge disappointment for almost 30 years. Sorry that you get bent when your team is criticized for spending billions with nada to show.

Comment

Caution. Genius at work.
                                Doesn't take a genius to know the Dodgers have been tremendous letdown for almost 30 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X