No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrow to the DL with shoulder issue, says it's precautionary. OD back in the rotation, Garces called back to the pen.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Is there anything to see here with Cory Spangenberg? Picked him up in my NL-only when he got a couple starts in a row a little while back but his PT has been sparse since. Middlebrooks is stinking it up pretty bad at 3B and Solarte has already mostly taken over for Gyorko at 2B so there's a bit of a window there would seem. I realize there's not a ton of upside here, but 5 HR and 15 SB would do just fine which is what I would project if he got 450 at-bats.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Is there anything to see here with Cory Spangenberg? Picked him up in my NL-only when he got a couple starts in a row a little while back but his PT has been sparse since. Middlebrooks is stinking it up pretty bad at 3B and Solarte has already mostly taken over for Gyorko at 2B so there's a bit of a window there would seem. I realize there's not a ton of upside here, but 5 HR and 15 SB would do just fine which is what I would project if he got 450 at-bats.
        the problem with Spang is that he will never get a shot to have that many ABs. Preller has shown he isn't a fan of non producers and will make moves to replace them. I see a new SS and possibly 3b if Middlebrooks doesn;t get it going. They won't come from within the organization. Spang is a nice fill in, but he'll most lkely be used sparingly this season and be replaced with someone stronger next year if he fails to improve.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Spang has continued to impress in the 2-hole with 2 walks, a triple, a SB, and 2 runs scored so far tonight in his 4th start in a row. I understand where Doig is coming from with the new management's philosophy, but at least for this year it would seem pretty difficult to replace 2B, SS, and 3B in-season. Solarte has done well filling in around the diamond but Gyorko and Middlebrooks have been so bad that even a glimmer of effectiveness is enough to buy some at-bats right now.

Comment

Spang has continued to impress in the 2-hole with 2 walks, a triple, a SB, and 2 runs scored so far tonight in his 4th start in a row. I understand where Doig is coming from with the new management's philosophy, but at least for this year it would seem pretty difficult to replace 2B, SS, and 3B in-season. Solarte has done well filling in around the diamond but Gyorko and Middlebrooks have been so bad that even a glimmer of effectiveness is enough to buy some at-bats right now.
            Black likes him, but that's about it in the organization. Middlebrooks will continue to get as much opportunity to prove his worth, Meyers will man 1st until Alonzo returns, but that might be a while--it was the same shoulder that was injured in the past. Solarte at 2nd and bamarista at SS Spang will get some starts, but I see this as a short term burst of ABs gobble em up while you can.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Hmmm, a guy that was the #10 overall pick just 4 years ago seems like he would garner a little more excitement, especially in fantasy where his speed would play pretty well at 2B.

Comment

Hmmm, a guy that was the #10 overall pick just 4 years ago seems like he would garner a little more excitement, especially in fantasy where his speed would play pretty well at 2B.
                tonight he walked, he might be ok in an OBP league but again, I don't see him getting ABs. I may be wrong, but let's revisit in a week

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So it's a bit interesting to me that all these sabermetricians could successfully predict an OF defensive disaster, but could not predict Myers moving to 1B within a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    So it's a bit interesting to me that all these sabermetricians could successfully predict an OF defensive disaster, but could not predict Myers moving to 1B within a month.
                    He made a great play there tonight as well. Alonzo Pip.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      tonight he walked, he might be ok in an OBP league but again, I don't see him getting ABs. I may be wrong, but let's revisit in a week
                      Spang seems to be forcing an issue. If he keeps getting on base like he has, he'll be the starter at 2nd going forward. I liked him out of Spring Training to make the team, but lost faith and was wrong in my recent assessment.

keep an eye on the Padres as something again, has to give. Myers looks to stay at 1b once he returns and believe it or not, I see Melvin in CF. They still need an Upgrade at SS desperately.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I don't fault you for downplaying Spang's impact - it's easy to give up on guys who don't live up to expectations initially. Sometimes it takes someone with an outsider POV to force you to reassess. Tonight's bombs were super unexpected but the rest of his recent game (lots of singles with steals) was both expected and welcomed.

Comment

• I'm wondering what we can expect from Corey Spangenberg? Is he worth dropping Jackie Bradley or a good MR like Tony Sipp (holds league)?

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• I think he's worth a spot over JBJ. He had a rough weekend but was facing tough pitching. If he has a rough week he might go back to his utility role and you can drop him for someone with JBJ-like ability.

Comment

• I cut Jose Ramirez for Spang. Some guys are just late bloomers.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Middlebrooks to start at SS, if he doesn't suck look for it to become permanent as Barmarista has been horrible.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X