• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    note to the padres - Cashner should pitch around A-Gonz
    or throw a strike to a 6'7" pitcher with a less than one hundred BA

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Ian Kennedy left the game today with a hamstring injury - replaced by Despaigne.
      Clearly A-Gonz's fault

Comment

Wow, talk about a sore loser.
        First I dislike Adrian and have far before he was a dodger. Second I hate when officiating is obviously based, which it was in the last 2 games. That goes either way. Third, I hate when my manager allows a guy on freaking fire to remain comfortable at the plate.

Sore loser? No just pissed off.

Friar...Adrian quit on the team down the stretch his last year with the team after they said they couldn't sign him without a SD Discount and it cost the Padres a playoff spot. That's why i dislike him.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The umps were squeezing (Kennedy's hamstring).
          Actually a great game on both sides. Giants can pick it and as I said in the preseason, Barmes shouldn't be on the roster.

OD into the rotation if Kennedy misses any significant time. Quack or Maurer to be recalled.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            First I dislike Adrian and have far before he was a dodger. Second I hate when officiating is obviously based, which it was in the last 2 games. That goes either way. Third, I hate when my manager allows a guy on freaking fire to remain comfortable at the plate.

Sore loser? No just pissed off.

Friar...Adrian quit on the team down the stretch his last year with the team after they said they couldn't sign him without a SD Discount and it cost the Padres a playoff spot. That's why i dislike him.
            Don't be that guy...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Don't be that guy...
              Totally that guy. I was as angry as Kevin Brown was when he got squeezed and then tossed back when he was a Padre in 98. I'm still pissed about the WS call on Tino, it was a fucking strike! and Matt Holiday STILL hasn't touched the plate and That's been 8 years!

I hate home cooking, I hate bad officiating I'll give it to you when it happens to your team (see the Chargers getting calls which allowed them to make the playoffs in 2013) Go back and look at the pitch charts from game 2 and 3 comparing ross's zone vs greinke's and then again Kimbrels in the 9th. THEN look at Cashners pitches to McCarthy vs the calls Peralta got in the LA 9th.

I know everyone gets squeezed, I know everyone gets a call just don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm not and allow me a little venting especially when it comes vs the team I loath most.

But I've ranted and now I'm done.

Now I just ahve to hope the Padres can attain 1st by April 31st so I can tell ElD "I told ya so" one more time :P

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Actually a great game on both sides. Giants can pick it and as I said in the preseason, Barmes shouldn't be on the roster.

OD into the rotation if Kennedy misses any significant time. Quack or Maurer to be recalled.
                yes, Brandon Crawford and his magic glove won that game for the Giants
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Totally that guy. I was as angry as Kevin Brown was when he got squeezed and then tossed back when he was a Padre in 98. I'm still pissed about the WS call on Tino, it was a fucking strike! and Matt Holiday STILL hasn't touched the plate and That's been 8 years!

I hate home cooking, I hate bad officiating I'll give it to you when it happens to your team (see the Chargers getting calls which allowed them to make the playoffs in 2013) Go back and look at the pitch charts from game 2 and 3 comparing ross's zone vs greinke's and then again Kimbrels in the 9th. THEN look at Cashners pitches to McCarthy vs the calls Peralta got in the LA 9th.

I know everyone gets squeezed, I know everyone gets a call just don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm not and allow me a little venting especially when it comes vs the team I loath most.

But I've ranted and now I'm done.

Now I just ahve to hope the Padres can attain 1st by April 31st so I can tell ElD "I told ya so" one more time :P
                  You're wrong, but feel free to vent. It feels good...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    You're wrong, but feel free to vent. It feels good...
                    It did, it does, keeps me stress free........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      yes, Brandon Crawford and his magic glove won that game for the Giants
                      And Clint Barmes' opposite of a magic glove helped

Comment

• Ian kennedy to the DL Vincent optioned.

Maurer and Rearick added to the BP.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I know where Doig's spare cash is going...

Items from the collection of Mr. Padre, Tony Gwynn, who passed away last year, will be put up for bid by SCP Auctions.

The auction house has secured more than 100 items from Gwynn's widow, Alicia, including three All-Star Game rings, a pair of Silver Slugger batting awards and some of the original contracts he signed, including his first professional baseball contract.
                          More than 100 items from Tony Gwynn's career, including All-Star Game rings, a pair of Silver Slugger batting awards and some of the original contracts he signed, will be put up for auction.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• So is there anything to see here with Maurer? When it was just Benoit I saw him as a sleeper for saves but now it seems like he's no better than 5th in line. Seems like the boat has sailed on him being a starter again as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              So is there anything to see here with Maurer? When it was just Benoit I saw him as a sleeper for saves but now it seems like he's no better than 5th in line. Seems like the boat has sailed on him being a starter again as well.
                              Unless it's a deep league with Holds or where MRs with a Kigh K rate are valuable, then no as he's as you said, not going to get any saves and i'd have to say casey kelly might get the next shot at the rotation if there's another injury.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Kelly to the DL Quack is Back, just in time for the divisional battle for 1st........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X