No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwynn, now that he is your team's closer, you should spell Mr Kimbrel's name right .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Gwynn, now that he is your team's closer, you should spell Mr Kimbrel's name right .

I know huh, lol.

Anyone know his entrance music, I might need to change my ringtone from Hells Bells finally.......
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am very high on J Upton for the year, a building power base, seasoned, yet still entering his prime years, track record of healthy, on a go for it new team. Yes please.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Anyone know his entrance music, I might need to change my ringtone from Hells Bells finally.......
          Supposedly it is "Welcome to the Jungle", though he reportedly used a different song in the past. Possibly he will change it again after the trade.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Padres are "scouring the shortstop market."
            After an active offseason, Padres GM A.J. Preller caught the baseball world by surprise on Sunday by acquiring closer Craig Kimbrel from the Braves. However, he's not done trying to improve his roster. The Padres currently appear likely to go with a combination of Alexi Amarista and Clint Barmes at shortstop, which leaves obvious room for an upgrade. It's unclear who they could be targeting on the trade front, but speculation figures to include names like Starlin Castro of the Cubs, Elvis Andrus of the Rangers, and Troy Tulowitzki of the Rockies

Comment

• The Cubs would probably trade Starlin Castro for a good young arm, but with Wisler gone, the SD farm system doesn't offer much help there. If Andrew Cashner, Ian Kennedy or Tyson Ross are trade options, there could be a match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                The Cubs would probably trade Starlin Castro for a good young arm, but with Wisler gone, the SD farm system doesn't offer much help there. If Andrew Cashner, Ian Kennedy or Tyson Ross are trade options, there could be a match.
                I don't think that the Cubs would go for Kennedy, he's pretty much a "meh" pitcher nowadays. Doubtful that they'd trade for Cashner since they dealt him off for Rizzo, but stranger things have happened, and Ross is a stud, but he's also a ticking time bomb with the amount of sliders that he throws.

You're spot on about the farm system being pretty barren at this point...Maybe Renfro, but he's not likely to bring a ML shortstop, certainly not a Tulo, and probably not an Andrus or Castro either.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Since they now have Kemp plus both Upton brothers and money doesn't seem to matter to the Padres anymore, maybe they deal a cheap Myers for Castro. Venable could man center until Melvin (B.J.) gets off the DL.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• With Preller, you never know but he is loathe to trade controllable talent, like Meyers, at all.

I thought they would have has the SS issue solved by now, but maybe, like everything else Preller does, he waits to surprise the shit out of you. The Padres can't bring Maurer or Quack back up for 20 days so look for a deal involving Benoit and Thayer right about then. Maybe not for a SS, but just warning you in advance.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Since they now have Kemp plus both Upton brothers and money doesn't seem to matter to the Padres anymore, maybe they deal a cheap Myers for Castro. Venable could man center until Melvin (B.J.) gets off the DL.
                      That seems like a poor fit for the Cubs. They need to keep a corner OF spot open for Bryant.

(Signed, Mike Olt owner...)
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

The Padres can't bring Maurer or Quack back up for 20 days so look for a deal involving Benoit and Thayer right about then. Maybe not for a SS, but just warning you in advance.
                        Rule 11(b)(1) Ten Day Rule. A Major League Club may not recall to the Active Roster a player who is on optional assignment until 10 days of the championship season have elapsed from the date of the optional assignment...

(The rule goes on to specify three exceptions--replacing a player on the DL, end of the season, trade of the player.)
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Bwahahaha! Wait, you are joking, right?
                          Who did he trade that was a ML Player and controllable? To me Prospects aren't that as they've yet top prove their talent.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Rule 11(b)(1) Ten Day Rule. A Major League Club may not recall to the Active Roster a player who is on optional assignment until 10 days of the championship season have elapsed from the date of the optional assignment...

(The rule goes on to specify three exceptions--replacing a player on the DL, end of the season, trade of the player.)
                            I thought it was 20, thanks for the update.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I thought it was 20, thanks for the update.
                              Up to 20 days is how long a player can be optioned in one season without it counting as burning an option year.

You learn all sorts of these otherwise useless rules trivia in my job.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Up to 20 days is how long a player can be optioned in one season without it counting as burning an option year.

You learn all sorts of these otherwise useless rules trivia in my job.
                                Ahh so they have to recall them after 10 but before 20 to retain options?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X