No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Hader's issues will do away with the NFBC strategy of taking two closers very early, which personally, I've never understood. Closers lose their jobs at an extreme rate, and even elite ones were not unsusceptible from this. This year alone, we've seen three top closers lose their jobs -- Hader, Iglesias & Chapman.

Comment

• I've had Hader on my bench the last few weeks. Now i'm seriously considering just dropping him and his expiring contract to make room for one of my returning IL players. The worst thing that could happen is he turns it around after i drop him, reclaims the closer role in mid September, and gets 5 or 6 saves for someone else down the stretch. But, at this point, that seems very unlikely to happen. He's given me 4 years of great stats at a low cost. But, now he is just a wasted roster spot.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I think Hader's issues will do away with the NFBC strategy of taking two closers very early, which personally, I've never understood. Closers lose their jobs at an extreme rate, and even elite ones were not unsusceptible from this. This year alone, we've seen three top closers lose their jobs -- Hader, Iglesias & Chapman.
        Welllllll....................im not saying it is the reason why, but it looks like the 2 closer strategy is gonna pay off in the RJ NFBC league.

Also- Hader has been benched for Finnegan for a couple weeks!

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          He's been having some personal problems w his wife having had a difficult birth and health issues w his new child. Could this be the main reason for his struggles?
          This is where I'd fall. Possibly an elbow issue that's not UCL related given that his velocity is good, but location is off. But I think he's not happy being so far away from home during this time, and the poor pitching has compounded into major confidence issues.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            This is where I'd fall. Possibly an elbow issue that's not UCL related given that his velocity is good, but location is off. But I think he's not happy being so far away from home during this time, and the poor pitching has compounded into major confidence issues.
            I think GITH was right when he alluded to Hader being one of those guys who can't pitch well unless every aspect of his life is in order. Some people can leave the home life at home when they go to work and vice versa. Some people just can't do it.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              I think GITH was right when he alluded to Hader being one of those guys who can't pitch well unless every aspect of his life is in order. Some people can leave the home life at home when they go to work and vice versa. Some people just can't do it.
              His child is apparently still having issues and being away from his family (wife and child) has to weigh on him even though he says it's not. They mention release point and pitch selection but this seems more than mechanical--he's just not focused. I know the Padres will probably allow him to continue working through things in low leverage situations but if he continues to struggle, i can see them putting him on the IL for personal reasons for the remainder of the season because the Padres, being in the WC race, needs every roster spot to produce down the stretch and have no room for a player who just can't get their head into the game.

I hope the best for him and am pretty sure that once his family situation is better, he'll return to form.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                His child is apparently still having issues and being away from his family (wife and child) has to weigh on him even though he says it's not. They mention release point and pitch selection but this seems more than mechanical--he's just not focused. I know the Padres will probably allow him to continue working through things in low leverage situations but if he continues to struggle, i can see them putting him on the IL for personal reasons for the remainder of the season because the Padres, being in the WC race, needs every roster spot to produce down the stretch and have no room for a player who just can't get their head into the game.

I hope the best for him and am pretty sure that once his family situation is better, he'll return to form.
                This. It's 100% in his head, and probably won't get fixed until an offseason of downtime. I dropped him and the leader picked him up; it's his funeral.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Well I'll be--the Padres, leading by 1 have Hader up in the pen....Stay tuned.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well I'll be--the Padres, leading by 1 have Hader up in the pen....Stay tuned.
                    3 popups (one Texas Leaguer) and a strikeout

Looked fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      3 popups (one Texas Leaguer) and a strikeout

Looked fine.
                      yes he did.

And Padre fans rejoice.....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

yes he did.

And Padre fans rejoice.....
                        Sooo, is he back in the role? Cuz just hours before, I saw two articles proclaiming Martinez had it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Sooo, is he back in the role? Cuz just hours before, I saw two articles proclaiming Martinez had it now.
                          I was never a fan of the rule as I prefer guys like Garcia and Suarez if Hader isn't in the role. Martinez, fresh off of Melvin saying he was the closer for now, gave up runs in both games he came in to close. So yeah, It's back to Hader.

Hopefully for good.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Fernando Tatis Jr. finally had shoulder surgery on Tuesday. Hopefully, this puts him on the road to good health next season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I’ll pull a Mith and say it — Juan Soto has totally sucked. It’s either a couple of walks or an 0-4. Guy does nothing else. Total waste as a Top 3 pick this season. Possibly the worst uninjured Top 3 pick of the last decade. In fact, after looking, I’m pretty sure of that.

And this guy will get half a billion? Not based off this season, lol. Good thing teams don’t care about fantasy stats. But if he does this every year, that new contract will be an epic disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                I’ll pull a Mith and say it — Juan Soto has totally sucked. It’s either a couple of walks or an 0-4. Guy does nothing else. Total waste as a Top 3 pick this season. Possibly the worst uninjured Top 3 pick of the last decade. In fact, after looking, I’m pretty sure of that.

And this guy will get half a billion? Not based off this season, lol. Good thing teams don’t care about fantasy stats. But if he does this every year, that new contract will be an epic disaster.
                                ....Juan Soto grounds out weakly to pitcher. Seen it about a million times this year.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X