2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    No worries, appreciate you owning that!!!!

I'm not seeing the utility in that. We talk about Ozuna's drunk driving and don't type allegedly. We talk about Felipe Vázquez's legal woes and we don't say allegedly. We talk about Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens and Ryan Braun and many, many others, and no one complains about the lack of qualifiers.

It's not necessary. None of us were there. All of us know that to be the case.

This isn't a court of law. It's much closer to the water cooler at work, and you'd get laughed out of the break room for trying to censor someone like that. It's not the decorum that's required or even one most of us are interested in. We all know that none of us were the room when it happened, and we can all talk about it anyway without any need for censorship.
    I don't see asking for something as censorship. Just as I asked Jessie to refrain from using the general ALL police are parasites, I ask for qualifiers because it's my preference--I don't follow that request with--so shut up/stop posting--so it's up to you (others) to do what you chose--I'm just stating--I'd prefer it otherwise.

In other Padres new (no qualifier necessary as it's factual) Campusano has been called up Alfaro to the IL and Batten has been jettisoned in favor of Eguy Rosario.

Soto still out of the line-up with a back issue.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ha-Seong Kim has been hitting much better the last couple months and tonite he had a great game, going 3-6 w a HR, 2B and 5 RBI. Since 7/2, he's .308/.363/.438 and that's not including tonite. Not a lot of power but, after flirting w the Mendoza line most of the year, he's up to .259 BA overall. He has a reputation for being excellent defensively and the metrics seem to bear this out. He's 1.8 dWAR so far this year, after posting 2.1 dWAR last year. Baseball Reference lists his overall WAR coming into today as 3.8, which projects to 4.9 WAR for the season. That's All-star caliber. Still not nearly replacing Tatis' numbers but a darned good fill-in. Meanwhile, last year Tatis' dWAR was -0.2. Would they consider shifting Tatis to the OF when he returns?

Comment

• Adidas announced on Friday that they are canceling their endorsement deal with Tatis. "We believe that sport should be fair. We have a clear policy on doping and can confirm that our partnership with Fernando Tatis Jr. will not continue.”
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Adidas announced on Friday that they are canceling their endorsement deal with Tatis. "We believe that sport should be fair. We have a clear policy on doping and can confirm that our partnership with Fernando Tatis Jr. will not continue.”
          Wait, they're not buying the ringworm excuse?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Adidas announced on Friday that they are canceling their endorsement deal with Tatis. "We believe that sport should be fair. We have a clear policy on doping and can confirm that our partnership with Fernando Tatis Jr. will not continue.”
            Guess he'll have to struggle by with his $300M contract.

Comment

• Holy shit Hader 5 ER in a third of an inning so far. I just cant remember a total collapse like this...

ETA: 6 ER and Wil Myers just got the 2 outs that Hader couldnt. Wow. Just wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Holy shit Hader 5 ER in a third of an inning so far. I just cant remember a total collapse like this...

ETA: 6 ER and Wil Myers just got the 2 outs that Hader couldnt. Wow. Just wow.
                Whoda thunk Wil Myers would be a better reliever than Josh Hader? Hader’s ERA now sits at 6.69 on the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Whoda thunk Wil Myers would be a better reliever than Josh Hader? Hader’s ERA now sits at 6.69 on the year.
                  Unpossible

His ERA as a padre is over 25.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Dude is toast. I traded for him and traded away Edwin Diaz, thinking Hader was by far the more reliable closer. Dude has been just horrid for a good while now.

Comment

• Who was the pitcher years ago that was IL'd for "inability to pitch"? Maybe Hader has arrived at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Who was the pitcher years ago that was IL'd for "inability to pitch"? Maybe Hader has arrived at that point.
                        Dunno. Blass? Ankiel?

Comment

Who was the pitcher years ago that was IL'd for "inability to pitch"? Maybe Hader has arrived at that point.
                          Wohlers

Comment

In addition to those mentioned, Daniel Bard?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              In addition to those mentioned, Daniel Bard?
                              Wohlers was the guy I was trying to think of . I was thinking Rocker, but it was Wohlers.

Comment

• Hader from opening day to July 3:
                                25.7 IP, 11 H, 3 ER, 43/8 K/BB, 0 HBP, 1.05 ERA, 0.74 WHIP, 25 SV, 1 BS, 2 HR, .205 BABIP, 13% LD

From July 4 to present:
                                13.0 IP, 27 H, 25 ER, 24/11 K/BB, 3 HBP, 17.31 ERA, 2.92 WHIP, 4 SV, 2 BS, 6 HR, .600 BABIP, 46% LD

Has he been pitching injured since around 7/4? I dont see any reference to an injury. Extremely unusual for a guy who's been MLB's best closer for years to fall apart in the middle of a season w/o an injury of some sort. And he's only 28 y/o so it's not age-related. A .600 BABIP is about as unsustainable as you can get but w a 46% LD rate it's still going to be sky high. Why is he giving up so much hard contact all of a sudden?

And PitchFX shows his velo actually is up this year, so it's not a dip in velocity. But it shows that he's switched from throwing 4-seamers to a sinker. But this data is for the entire year so how could that account for a significant drop in performance that didnt start until after the season was half over?

He's been having some personal problems w his wife having had a difficult birth and health issues w his new child. Could this be the main reason for his struggles?
                                Last edited by rhd; 08-29-2022, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X