No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently that should be Frank Garces. For a minute there, I was really excited that El Guapo was coming back to the majors!

Comment

• Also, does Solarte have options? I can see them having to send him down to start the year in order to keep both Q and Venable around until they can find a taker for one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Also, does Solarte have options? I can see them having to send him down to start the year in order to keep both Q and Venable around until they can find a taker for one of them.
        Black has said Solarte has made the team. I really think they will deal Thayer and keep Quack, but Quack is the one with options. Q has outperformed V this spring, but has NO speed and can't really play the OF now. The only thing even keeping him in consideration is his contract. As for handcuffs, the Padres BP is full of options. they're all pretty good.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Apparently that should be Frank Garces. For a minute there, I was really excited that El Guapo was coming back to the majors!
          That's what i get for posting first thing in the morning lol.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Funny, I had the same thought about El Guapo.

GITH, what do you think 2016 will bring for Renfroe? Will he have a spot in the OF? Or will they try to resign Upton and block him? I suppose they could move Myers to 1B too. But I'm trying to figure out whether to try for Renfroe in a minor league draft and am a bit concerned about his opportunity in SD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Funny, I had the same thought about El Guapo.

GITH, what do you think 2016 will bring for Renfroe? Will he have a spot in the OF? Or will they try to resign Upton and block him? I suppose they could move Myers to 1B too. But I'm trying to figure out whether to try for Renfroe in a minor league draft and am a bit concerned about his opportunity in SD.
              Not to speak for GITH, but I think a lot of that has to do with Renfroe's 2015. If it's anything like his 2014, they'll make room. If not, no guarantees.

I have four shares of Renfroe, so I'm a believer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Funny, I had the same thought about El Guapo.

Renfroe is one of the reasons they didn't run right out and extend Upton. If he struggles you might see then try and re-sign Justin, if he is ready, you'll see them let Upton walk. Like Dane said, his 2015 decides quite a bit.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 42s43 seconds ago
                  Complete deal: Kimbrel and B.J. from #Braves to #Padres for Quentin, Maybin, Wisler, Paroubeck and 41st pick.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• aiyaah.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• This mandates trading 2-3 of, Maybin, Venable, Quentin, Smith, Liriano and/or Almonte. I am guessing that Quentin is all but gone and Smith, Maybin are the next most likely.

Toot Toot..........
                      Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 04-05-2015, 05:44 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Quack and Maurer sent down the only 2 with options........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ca Derek Norris
                          1B Yonder Alonso
                          2B Jedd Gyorko
                          SS Alexi Amarista
                          3B Will Middlebrooks
                          RF Matt Kemp
                          LF Justin Upton
                          CF Wil Myers

Bn Clint Barmes
                          Bn Yangervis Solarte
                          Bn Wil Nieves
                          Bn Will Venable
                          Bn Corey Spangenberg

Sp James Shields
                          Sp Tyson Ross
                          Sp Andrew Cashner
                          Sp Ian Kennedy
                          Sp Brandon Morrow

CL Craig Kimbrel

Swing Odrisamer Despaigne

Rp Shawn Kelley
                          Rp Joaquin Benoit
                          Rp Nick Vincent
                          Rp Frank Garces
                          Rp Thayer

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Gwynn, I feel good for you man. I hope the other Pads fans appreciate the chutzpah of all these deals. They have taken on a lot of questionable contracts and given a good bit to get to this point, but man, you have to respect the moves to push hard to contend after so many years of spinning their wheels. If I were a Pads fan, I'd be so stoked right now. I would hope I would not sour on the team even if it doesn't work out. I admire what they have done this year. I can'r remember seeing anything quite like it in terms of a single offseason.

Comment

• good time to be a padres fan!
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• I'm not as big on this deal for the Pads as many are. Yes, they got one of the best closers in the game, but they added at an already strong position. Not to mention they dealt 2 pretty tradable assets in Wisler and Maybin...and got stuck with a 40 million dollar bill for Melvin Upton. Maybe they think that adding him will help re-sign Justin...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X