2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    You're getting shorted on this "88 wins" business, BB. GitH was projecting 87-92 wins before a lot of these big moves were even made - certainly before Shields was signed.
    yeah, his prediction is well within what the projections are saying. oh well...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• I did take the overs. I could amend my number to 90 if that works.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• If either Maybin or Venable stay on the team, how likely is it that one of the outfileders moves to 1B, with Alonso getting benched and Medica staying on the bench?

Comment

• Originally posted by james33 View Post
          If either Maybin or Venable stay on the team, how likely is it that one of the outfileders moves to 1B, with Alonso getting benched and Medica staying on the bench?
          It all depends on ifthey sign Olivera or not.

Olivera would start at 3rd, Middlebrooks would platoon with Alonso at 1st.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• This is possibly the most awesome snark ever in the history of the interwebs...

Klaw.jpg

And, BTW, can we get it fixed so we can actually post full sized images?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              This is possibly the most awesome snark ever in the history of the interwebs...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599[/ATTACH]

Yeah Law isn't high on the Padres either.

It's ok, I'm high enough for them all.............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This is possibly the most awesome snark ever in the history of the interwebs...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599[/ATTACH]

When posting a picture, make sure you uncheck the "retrieve remotely" box.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  When posting a picture, make sure you uncheck the "retrieve remotely" box.
                  So where is that? I don't have that promt when I attempt to upload an image...I do see a checkbox that it won't allow me to uncheck without the file going away...
                  Attached Files

-Warren Ellis

Comment

So where is that? I don't have that promt when I attempt to upload an image...I do see a checkbox that it won't allow me to uncheck without the file going away...
                    Insert Image/Save from URL

Then uncheck "retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.

Comment

• If you don't get it fixed soon, it won't be funny anymore.........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Insert Image/Save from URL

Then uncheck "retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.
                        OK, I did a snip and saved it to my computer...then uploaded it from there, which is why I didn't see the option. Got it now.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Cashner leaves with possible injury.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8KUZro9rwVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And so it begins...

Why isn't this youtube embedding working?

Comment

• Corey Brock @FollowThePadres
                            Andrew Cashner is fine, no health issues whatsoever, says manager Bud Black. More soon.

Corey Brock @FollowThePadres
                            Black said Cashner had a personal matter in Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              OK here's a brief rundown of the current state of the Padres on Offense with some ideas of what may or may not be in play going forward..........

Here is what you can expect to stay in place going forward.

Kemp, Myers and Upton all remain with the club, no one being flipped with them ALL Playing in the OF Myers in CF. The talks of one of these guys playing 1B this year are remiss. The Padres will either trade for, Chris Davis and Morneau have been mentioned, or go with a platoon between Alonzo, Medica, Goebbert and/or Wallace whomever comes out of ST hot with the occasional appearance by either Myers or Kemp as I do see possibly one of them moving to 1B next year but there'd have to be several variable in play that aren't at this time**Extending Upton, Trading for Davis and the like**

This mandates trading 2-3 of, Maybin, Venable, Quentin, Smith, Liriano and/or Almonte. I am guessing that Quentin is all but gone and Smith, Maybin are the next most likely. That leaves Venable, Liriano, Almonte, Amarista and Goebbert to fight it out for the 4,5,6 roles. I believe Venable will remain as he's a solid LH bat, can play CF decently and is one season removed from being a 20/20 player and has the most club friendly contract of the 4 vets. Liriano is my next choice as he's young, has the power/speed combo, can play all 3 OF spots, plus the Padres have to keep ONE of their top minor league prospects don't they? I see Goebbert snagging the final slot with a hot spring as he can also play 1B.

Catcher Starts with Norris, but I don't see them starting with Federowicz on the ML roster. The Padres have already attempted to sign his replacement once and I can see them actually accomplishing that by opening day, pushing Fedex to AAA.

Gyorko is the starter at 2b.

Middlebrooks and Solarte will battle it out for 3b or be platooned. If Middlebrooks gets the gig, Solarte will be the infield super sub. After failing to land Sandoval and trading for Will, I don't see them making another move at the hot corner this off season.

That leaves SS. This is where I really think the Padres will make a move. Amarista is serviceable, Barmes is, well Barmes...neither fits the direction the Padres seem to be going. There has been talk of dealing for a young SS ala Profar. Talk of signing Toritani out of the Japan and NO talk of the incumbents having the starting gig locked up. I could actually see neither Amarista or Barmes on the roster out of ST. If the Padres sign or trade for a starter at SS, Cory Spangenberg could grab the back up IF/OF spot Amarista occupied the past few years.

Now all of this hangs in the balance of Preller and his ADD GM tactics, but you should be able to bank on most of this going forward.

Hope this helps a bit, though you may have already figured most of it out on your own.

Pitchers to come soon.
                              OK here is how it is shaking out:
                              Ca Derek Norris
                              1B Yonder Alonso
                              2B Jedd Gyorko
                              SS Alexi Amarista
                              3B Will Middlebrooks
                              RF Matt Kemp
                              LF Justin Upton
                              CF Wil Myers

Bn Clint Barmes
                              Bn Yangervis Solarte
                              Bn Wil Nieves
                              Bn Cameron Maybin
                              Bn ?????

Sp James Shields
                              Sp Tyson Ross
                              Sp Andrew Cashner
                              Sp Ian Kennedy
                              Sp Brandon Morrow or Odrisamer Despaigne

CL Joaquin Benoit

Swing Brandon Morrow or Odrisamer Despaigne

Rp Shawn Kelley
                              Rp Brandon Maurer
                              Rp Nick Vincent
                              Rp Frank Garces
                              Rp ????

Announced today that Garces has made the BP as the only lefty. Torres was dealt and ow the must decide between Quack and Thayer. Quack has options, but I think they want him in the BP. Also mentioned was that though they like Quentin, they'll have to make room for him and right now the only player standing in his way staying on the roster as the 25th player is Venable. Also that they have yet to decide the #5 starter, but all indications lean toward Morrow winning the job. They also have to decide what to do with Gustave, whom is the rule 5 arm from the Astros so there might be a deal imminent with the 'Stros as well to retain Gustave's rights as he won't be making the club, but they'd like to keep him.
                              Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 04-03-2015, 12:54 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Torres was dealt and ow the must decide between Quack and Thayer. Quack has options, but I think they want him in the BP. Also mentioned was that though they like Quentin, they'll have to make room for him and right now the only player standing in his way staying on the roster as the 25th player is Venable. Also that they have yet to decide the #5 starter, but all indications lean toward Morrow winning the job. They also have to decide what to do with Gustave, whom is the rule 5 arm from the Astros so there might be a deal imminent with the 'Stros as well to retain Gustave's rights as he won't be making the club, but they'd like to keep him.
                                A little surprising on Quack as he's been viewed as the possible closer handcuff to Benoit.

Comment

Working...
                                X