No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GITH, what's your feeling on when Abrams makes the squad?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
      GITH, what's your feeling on when Abrams makes the squad?
      From everything I'm hearing he's got a 50/50 chance to break camp with the club. Several factors are in play, the roster size, do the Padres add to their roster, is Cronenworth's injury (he's a bit nicked up), do they trade Hosmer etc.

he's killing it this spring, the Padres have said they won't keep him down if he can help the club now, they have need and if he breaks camp, he'll start at SS or 2b, potentially both. They are NOT looking at him as an option in LF.

That's what i've heard--My opinion is that he will break camp with the team barring significant roster additions.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Keeping Abrams in a sense is a function of how Kim does in ST. They have 28 million invested in him. Perhaps a trade candidate himself if Abrams makes the roster.

Comment

• Pads trade for Matt Beaty who was DFAd by LA. Looks like he'll be a bench guy, potential platoon for LF.

In other news, Preller has said this is the team the Padres will be going into the season with--so of course that means he'll be trading 25% of the roster before opening day...
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Pads trade for Matt Beaty who was DFAd by LA. Looks like he'll be a bench guy, potential platoon for LF.

In other news, Preller has said this is the team the Padres will be going into the season with--so of course that means he'll be trading 25% of the roster before opening day...
            lolololol
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Ok, this is new....Melvin just mentioned they are going to look at CJ Abrams in CF....

Gore looked good again yesterday--Sunshine got bombed I his first ML game since Oct 2020--Paddack's start was pushed back a day (Trade imminent?)--Strange things afoot indeed...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ok folks, here's the latest Padre stuff--most you all probably know, but I'm bored so--I type away.

Barring any more trades (which is always possible with Preller) here's the 28 man roster going into Thursdays opener (4 days is a lot in Preller Days)

Ca: Nola, Alfaro and Caratini. Alfaro has had the best spring at the plate and behind it. Nola can play a bit of 1st and Alfaro some corner OF. Caratini is only on the team because he's Darvish's personal catcher, but Melvin has made it clear Yu will have to be able to use any and all catchers on the team. Campusano will head to AAA. If there IS another trade one of these guys might a goner.

1B: Hosmer (if they don't trade him again for the 10th time) Voit. Cronenworth can also play some 1st and probably will once Tatis comes back--I see that day as Hosmer's--gotta be traded or else--date Beaty can also play corner Of spots. Look for Hosmer/Voit/Beaty platoon of 1b/DH to start the season.

3B: Machado.

SS/2B: It'll be a mix and match of Abrams, Kim and Cronenworth. Profar can also cover SS/2B/1B

OF: Myers, Grisham, Profar/Beaty, Alfaro. There's been talk about trying CJ in CF, because they have no true back up for that position. I don't see it happening after the Tatis to RF experiment last season.

DH. Righty lefty match up, but most Voit unless he's at 1st then Beaty, Alfaro, Hosmer.

The offense is far from settled even 5 days out. With Preller looking to trade Hosmer, add a left fielder and possibly another bench bat some of what I've written could be obsolete by Tuesday--sorry. The chatter is--they want to trade Hosmer and will if they can find a partner to take him. They want a FT player in LF and a back up CF. That's 13 guys.

Starting Rotation: Darvish, Snell, Musgrove, Manaea, Martinez. Clevinger to start on the IL (knee) Paddack/Crismatt in long relief for now. Gore has a slim shot now that Manaea is in the fold. They might and that's a very slim Might, use him as long relief ala Paddack. He'll absolutely be up soon enough.

The closer looks to be Suarez. Lamet is being groomed for the gig as they're pitching him only single innings now and with few days in between appearances. Johnson is a dark horse.

Rounding out the BP is Adams, Hill, Wilson, Stammen, Pagan and Krol.

Should anyone get hurt or traded, look for Bergen or Kopp to get the call.

Anyhow, that's how I sees it after today's games.

If Abrams can perform in the Bigs, he's not going back even once Tatis returns. Gore will get his shot, it's just been pushed back with the acquisition of Manaea.

Of course this is all subject to Preller's whims and we know how those go.

have a great opening week and kick some ass in your leagues!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Excellent write-up. It would be great if we something like this from every team.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    Excellent write-up. It would be great if we something like this from every team.
                    Thanks man, however I may have to amend because, well, Preller is the only person more addicted to trading than I am

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      Excellent write-up. It would be great if we something like this from every team.
                      Yes, thank you, your insight is very valuable.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Yes, thank you, your insight is very valuable.
                        Thanks--I really enjoy sharing it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Good stuff, Gith-Doig. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            Good stuff, Gith-Doig. Thanks for posting.
                            Thanks--I'll be sure to update if necessary (heh, even after I wrote this I'm hearing the Padres aren't totally off trading for Reynolds)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Caratini to the Brewers for a couple of prospects.

It's Preller Time....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Caratini to the Brewers for a couple of prospects.

It's Preller Time....
                                What is the catcher breakdown? I imagine mostly split between Nola and Alfara. Or is Campusano getting some PT?

Comment

Working...
                                X