No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padres sign Nomar Mazara to a minor league contract.

Interesting LH bat off the bench potential at little cost.

Matt Williams to be the 3B coach in 2022.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Padres sign Nomar Mazara to a minor league contract.

Interesting LH bat off the bench potential at little cost.

Matt Williams to be the 3B coach in 2022.
      Have you heard any rumors of the Cubs taking on Hosmer's contract plus a highly regarded prospect to do so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Have you heard any rumors of the Cubs taking on Hosmer's contract plus a highly regarded prospect to do so?
        I have, apparently, they were talking to the Cubs along with other teams about Hosmer +. With the Rangers it was Hassell, with the Cubs it was Hosmer/Campusano and another for Contreras.

I'm 99% sure Hosmer won't be in a Padre Uniform opening day. If there's a salary floor that will make it easier to deal him as some teams will have to add salary. The Cubs do have an opening at 1B so, possibly a Cubbie in 2022?

I'll root for that!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Must be a Dodgers fan....

Comment

• The Pads lineup looks pretty pedestrian to start the season. Thoughts on the following?:
            -Mike Clevinger
            -Nick Martínez
            -Who's going to be the closer? Any other dart throws worth spending if I don't have bench?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
              The Pads lineup looks pretty pedestrian to start the season. Thoughts on the following?:
              -Mike Clevinger
              -Nick Martínez
              -Who's going to be the closer? Any other dart throws worth spending if I don't have bench?
              For a dart throw, maybe Kim who looks to be the choice to replace Tatis for a couple of months.

Comment

• Padres trade Lange for Voit. Voit should be better than Hosmer at a fraction of the cost as I still see the Padres moving Eric before the season. DH/1B

Kim will be the starting SS until Tatis returns.

Clevinger is one of the 4 announced starters and after being reunited with Neibla, they're expecting his return to form.

Martinez is one of several arms vying for the #5 spot along with Paddack, Weathers, Lamet and Gore.

I'd say Suarez has the inside track as Closer going into ST, though the Padres have several guys who have/can pitch the 9th. Pomeranz, Pagan, Johnson could all take the spot with a strong ST--I'm not familiar with Melvin's BP usage, but he seems to be a bit more flexible than Tingler and Green were so it might be a more fluid situation than in seasons past.

I have heard rumblings the Padres are in on Austin Meadows and Soler--it doesn't look like they'll be making a splash this offseason but rather making smaller more cost effective moves to start (even if they move Hosmer) and save the big acquisitions for the deadline if they're in contention.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Pomeranz is probably out until May so he's not in the mix at the moment.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Padres trade Lange for Voit. Voit should be better than Hosmer at a fraction of the cost as I still see the Padres moving Eric before the season. DH/1B

Kim will be the starting SS until Tatis returns.

Clevinger is one of the 4 announced starters and after being reunited with Neibla, they're expecting his return to form.

Martinez is one of several arms vying for the #5 spot along with Paddack, Weathers, Lamet and Gore.

I'd say Suarez has the inside track as Closer going into ST, though the Padres have several guys who have/can pitch the 9th. Pomeranz, Pagan, Johnson could all take the spot with a strong ST--I'm not familiar with Melvin's BP usage, but he seems to be a bit more flexible than Tingler and Green were so it might be a more fluid situation than in seasons past.

I have heard rumblings the Padres are in on Austin Meadows and Soler--it doesn't look like they'll be making a splash this offseason but rather making smaller more cost effective moves to start (even if they move Hosmer) and save the big acquisitions for the deadline if they're in contention.
                    Soler is now with Marlins. I bet we see Pham again. Lamet or Suarez likely candidates to close as Pomeranz is not healthy. 5th starter is probably Maritinez but Paddack in the running. Weathers a long man or AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                      Soler is now with Marlins. I bet we see Pham again. Lamet or Suarez likely candidates to close as Pomeranz is not healthy. 5th starter is probably Maritinez but Paddack in the running. Weathers a long man or AAA.
                      Agreed

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Gore with another really good outing today. He looks confident out there. I'm buying.

Comment

• Pham was resigned by SD. 7.5 mil for 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            Pham was resigned by SD. 7.5 mil for 1 year.
                            Pretty sure he signed with the Reds

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Pretty sure he signed with the Reds
                              Oops. Sorry. Misread on RW.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                                Oops. Sorry. Misread on RW.
                                well they DID have a big SD next to his name and the announcement....

Sorry I've been out of pocket, took a trip into the Sierras, damn gorgeous and outstanding weather--

My takes halfway into Padres Spring Training:

4 catchers signal one is most likely going in a trade, at the moment they look to carry 3 which means campusano is most likely odd man out--He still has options and is easiest to move in a trade. Now Preller can totally swing this sideways as he's also apparently been talking with the Cubs about Contreras so who knows for sure--right now--it's Nola, Catarini and Alfaro

LF was supposed to be a host of players all of whom are on other rosters now. There's still chatter about a Laureano trade, possibly Meadows, but nothing solid. It's unlikely they'll sign Conforto, but I just can't see the Padres going into the season with a mish mash of Profar, Alfaro and Mazara in LF. Especially since they only have 2 actual starting OFs and if Myers or Grisham gets hurt....I don't think the starting LF is on the roster yet.

#5 starter--well I haven't seen Martinez pitch yet (no one has) but he starts tomorrow vs LA, so we shall see. Paddack has been Paddack, just OK, Weathers--not so OK--now Gore has crushed it, he's forcing the conversation. If he can claim the spot, moving martinez into long relief (which the Pads will need early on) That frees up both Paddack and Weathers to be moved in a deal. Yu and Sunshine have been lights out, Joe is solid and Snell is a bit behind only due to conditioning (he didn't want to ramp up until the lock out ended--hence the need for a solid long man in the pen)

Closer looks to be between Suarez and Lamet right now with and outside shot of Pagan. Pom is the only lefty slated for a BP slot and is out till May so I don't see him in the role even upon return. I'll kleep an eye out and let you know my take as soon as I see something concrete--I did call melancon last season, I hope I get as lucky this year.

That's it for now, gotta decompress after being at 8000 ft for the past few days...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X