2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Suspicion or reported? Impact for 2022 season?
    Reported, back before his IL stint he was apparently pitching through a slight hip injury he said nothing to trainers until he had that crap outing just before the all star break. I'm not sure if the latest injury, tightness in the back, is related or not. But we all know how tricky backs can be.

Every Padre pitcher is trying to pick up the slack from all the injuries and overwork. It's not going well.

Yu will try to avoid going on the IL again, but the Padres have shown that they prefer to be safe so will be extremely careful with their ace.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Tatis back today, starting in RF, Darvish to the IL will miss at least the start in Denver. Padres apparently going with Weathers and Knehr and TBD for now--said to be looking at Arrieta (NO!!) and A Sanchez as stopgap solutions. The fact Gore isn't even in the conversation is worrisome.

if they're going to show their mettle, now's the time to start doing it.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Oh and Pomerantz out for the season after having surgery....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• 1st two abs for the Freak--a double and a HR, If this guy can stay healthy going forward--he should be somethin....

3rd ab--HR

4ab single 4-4 AB Overturned...ground out Time to release him.

#5 2 run single--4-5

Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 08-15-2021, 06:02 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Doesn't he (still) have a HR in every first game back off the IR?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Doesn't he (still) have a HR in every first game back off the IR?
              Yup...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The Padres are desperate. Close to signing Arrieta.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  The Padres are desperate. Close to signing Arrieta.
                  Yup...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

...to eat innings until Darvish returns.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Arrieta will start for the Padres on Wednesday at Coors Field. What could go wrong?
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Arrieta will start for the Padres on Wednesday at Coors Field. What could go wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          The Airspace above the stadium should be restricted.......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            The Airspace above the stadium should be restricted.......
                            NORAD Missile Tech: We have a launch from central Denver!

Officer: GO TO DEFCON 1!!!!

NCO: Don't worry, it's just CJ Cron hitting against Jake Arrieta.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

They would be better off promoting one of their roster filler pitchers than do this.

Comment

• So Strahm back to the IL, Arrieta gave up 5 ERs in 3.1 IP then left with an Injury....Paging A Sanchez....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X