2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, he might make a passable CF.

Though, hasn't he injured his shoulder most of the time on dives/slides? I remember once while hitting, but seems the other times all on hitting the ground.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Pomeranz to the IL again with the same forearm issue, Daniel Hudson activated.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Yeah, he might make a passable CF.
        I wonder if something like that will eventually happen. He’s not a very good fielding shortstop.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          I wonder if something like that will eventually happen. He’s not a very good fielding shortstop.
          He may not be an elite fielder but holy cow he's pretty elite everywhere else. The top rated baserunner in all of baseball, according to BsR on Fangraphs! Second behind Vladito, just a bit ahead of Ohtani, in offense runs ("Off", which is batting runs plus base running runs). Third in wRC, fourth in WAR.....and so on. Oh, and he has like 100+ PAs less than the other dudes at the top, too.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Permanent move to OF and Abrams at SS next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Permanent move to OF and Abrams at SS next year?
              Or the NL gets the DH in the new CBA.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Permanent move to OF and Abrams at SS next year?
                Unlikely since Abrams broke a leg and messed up his knee as well. I think that Tatis is back there next season and for several seasons to come, unless he absolutely falls in love with the outfield. I can't see that happening since SS is the epicenter of the defense, and Tatis likes to be right in the middle of things.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Unlikely since Abrams broke a leg and messed up his knee as well. I think that Tatis is back there next season and for several seasons to come, unless he absolutely falls in love with the outfield. I can't see that happening since SS is the epicenter of the defense, and Tatis likes to be right in the middle of things.
                  Fractured Tibia, clean break. Sprained MCL, no tear. 3 month recovery. Abrams might indeed be ready for a role in 2022, however--there is really no room for him unless they allow universal DH in the new CBA. Frazier, Cronenworth, Hosmer, Gresham, Meyers and Tatis are all under contract for 2022. That's 8 guys for 8 spots. Barring a trade of Meyers or Hosmer, there's no room for CJ without the DH and I'd wager the padres will go into Free Agency to fill that in 2022.

Jake has proven to be an excellent defender as has Kim, Frazier isn't a slouch either so IF Fernando wants to stay in the OF, I guarantee the Padres let him.

One things sure, he'll be back soon enough and play some in the OF--Ok that's two things, but you get my drift.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Oh well, Lamet may or may not return this season. He had a "procedure" to clean out his hip--some kind of infection--As aggressive as the Padres and Tatis have been with Nando's rehabbing injuries, the Padres have been overly cautious of Lamet in his.

I believe he should have gone though with the TJ like Clevenger last season, he's pretty much being relegated to the BP going forward and has shown No improvement in re establishing himself as a reliable starter.

Such a talent, such a waste.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Fractured Tibia, clean break. Sprained MCL, no tear. 3 month recovery. Abrams might indeed be ready for a role in 2022, however--there is really no room for him unless they allow universal DH in the new CBA.
                      Right, but he's missed a whole season of development time, and while that may not be a day to day equivalence, it certainly delays his development. So he goes back to AA to start next season, plays a couple of months, and if he's good to go, up to AAA. Like you pointed out, there's no room for him right now unless SD deals someone off...and nobody's taking that Hosmer contract.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Darvish is destroying my ratios tonight as the Arizona Triple -A team takes batting practice off of him.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Darvish is destroying my ratios tonight as the Arizona Triple -A team takes batting practice off of him.
                          he's been pitching hurt for over a month.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Bene extols the Dodger IL but STILL the Padres have the most Innings lost to the IL and their arms?

Darvish, Clevinger, Pomeranz, Morejon, Lamet, Paddack, Altavilla, Baez, Wingenter, Guerra, Williams, Nix, Kela, Castillo

Since last Sept.

And that's just the arms and yet--Padres are still in the same situation as LA (Wild Card)

Padres with 19 games vs LA and SF to go.

Depleted or not, those will tell the tale.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I can't imagine how ugly it'll be in management meetings if either the Dodgers or Padres lose a Wild Card slot to the Reds.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X