2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Jr isn't back by mid August, if not sooner. It's just how he's put together.

The Padres don't face a team with a record over .500 until the 18th so if he's going to miss more than 10 days, nows the time to do it.

Reports are that he was feeling better yesterday and his normal jovial self.

He won't travel to Oakland, but none of the players on the dl will either. I actually see him back in 10 days when the Padres travel to Colorado.
    I sure hope you're right!

Comment

I'd be very surprised if Jr isn't back by mid August, if not sooner. It's just how he's put together.

The Padres don't face a team with a record over .500 until the 18th so if he's going to miss more than 10 days, nows the time to do it.

He won't travel to Oakland, but none of the players on the dl will either. I actually see him back in 10 days when the Padres travel to Colorado.
      Great info! I have him and want to pick up a bench bat (limited adds) but face a weak offense in H2H this week and won't be hasty.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

In other news, Matt Strahm is joining the team in Oakland after almost a year. Lamet is starting a rehab assignment but will pitch out of the bullpen going forward and no more than two innings at a time. Gore hasn't pitched in a game since early June, is working through whatever this is at the alternate site.
        Or he'll have season ending surgery.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I thought that last time and he was back in 4 days.

Though I, personally, would have suggested surgery the first time or even second time, Tatis seems to believe he's a superhero and can adjust his game to prevent re-injury.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get the surgery, I'm saying that if he did anytime before the off-season--I'd be shocked.

In the end, Tatis is going to make the call and I believe he'll try playing through it again.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• What's the latest? MLB Network seemed pretty down on Tatis's chances of returning this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              What's the latest? MLB Network seemed pretty down on Tatis's chances of returning this season.

Remember last time he was hurt, this is what was being said:

An MRI scheduled Tuesday morning will likely determine the severity of a possible labral tear and potential bone loss in the shoulder area, and Tatis and the Padres will have a decision to make about whether he should play on in 2021.

“It is very, very likely he has a labral tear,” said Dr. Michael Banffy, an orthopedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute in Los Angeles. “But a lot of times a noncollision athlete can still play their sport.”

Tatis was back in 4 days and went on a tear.

If there's a chance he can play through it, he will.

None of the pundits know anything specific, they are all only speculating. Even the doctors their quoting have no knowledge of Tatis's medicals.

Tatis will play if they give him a choice and the Padres are inclined to allow him to do so.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• According to Tingler, Tatis is looking great and he feels "encouraged" he'll be back after 10 days on the IL.

Also--Lamet is looking good and should rejoin the d=team soon as a 1inning BP guy, Hudson looks to return from the Covid IL this weekend, the Padres BP is getting deeper.

PS Melancon is in no danger of losing his closer spot.
                Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 08-06-2021, 02:33 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Rumors are that Tatis will play CF when he returns next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Rumors are that Tatis will play CF when he returns next week.
                    he was seen working in the OF and when asked about it--he just smiled....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It was the Blake Snell of old today. 7.0 IP, 0 ER, 13 K, 3 BB, 2 H and a win. Where has this been all year?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        It was the Blake Snell of old today. 7.0 IP, 0 ER, 13 K, 3 BB, 2 H and a win. Where has this been all year?
                        Snell attributes this to Nola catching him. Says he "gets" him and if that works, I say-- who am I to question it? :P

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Snell attributes this to Nola catching him. Says he "gets" him and if that works, I say-- who am I to question it? :P
                          Hasnt Nola been catching him all along since he came off the IL?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            Hasnt Nola been catching him all along since he came off the IL?
                            Yes and in three of those 4 starts, Snell has allowed 0, 0 & 1 ERs Snell is an odd duck, he seems to think Nola is the reason he's returning to form. I'm not going to try and talk him out of it

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yes and in three of those 4 starts, Snell has allowed 0, 0 & 1 ERs Snell is an odd duck, he seems to think Nola is the reason he's returning to form. I'm not going to try and talk him out of it
                              oddducks would be a terrible Rotojunkie name.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X